Page 1 of 6
Kind of pop-like, wouldn't you say? I'm a big fan, though. My favorite band, and they always will be. Except I'm kind of disappointed with a few songs on their new CD, Thornography. I mean, its a great album! I'd rate it a 9.5 out of 10. Except for the song 'Rise Of The Pentagram.' I don't really think that Cradle should try poetry mixed with instrumentals again. But, other than that, Libertina Grimm is pretty much the best song on the entire album. And thats the end.
Sorry dude, but any CoF threads will pretty much turn into a flame-fest, so they get closed. And we've already had like 30,000 threads about CoF being close, of which about 15,000 were about Thornography. So yea, I reccomend you delete the thread.
hahaha we dont even have a CoF thread anymore because of homophobia/Daniphobia, we'll see how this one goes

Midian + Dusk > all other CoF albums

there's a few good choons on Nymphetamine but meh
Quote by unfathomable_bo
hahaha we dont even have a CoF thread anymore because of homophobia/Daniphobia, we'll see how this one goes

.... is...that....tolerence on the metal forums?!? WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE IS THE MOD WE ALL LOVE!?
as long as Blizzard is banned this thread can live in peace rofl... Midian was listenable, so was Dusk.. after that they unforgivably blew, and continue to do so.

/opinion

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I haven't looked into their studio material much, but I greatly enjoyed watching them live, both in Newcastle and at Download.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Some old stuff was decent.

New stuff its beyond horrible, sounds so mainstream and poppy makes Nymphetamine looks like Dusk And Her Embrace comparing the last two albums.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
As much as I hate Dani, I enjoyed 3 of their cds(Dusk and Her Embrace, Principles of Evil Made Flesh, and Damnation and a Day.). I would never in a million years consider them true BM though.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by unfathomable_bo

I didn't like Midian too much....but Dusk' truly pwnt.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
i must say i enjoy everything before damnation a day (or what ever its called) every once in a while
even bitter suites
My sig is better than yours
I rather liked Damnation and a Day....
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
They have some pretty awsome songs, but some of them are pretty meh. Overall, an alright band.

edit: Nyphetamine had some great stuff on it.
Personally, I think I agree with what one of their guitarists said. He basically came out and said that all these people keep saying they are black metal that sold out, but he points out that even back when they were considered "Tr00 gr1m and kvlt" they sounded nothing like bands like Emperor or Immortal or even Dimmu Borgir. They have always considered themselves just heavy metal. And I reckon hes hit the nail on the head...I mean, its not black metal...there is not way you can compare stuff by CoF to stuff by Emperor....
+123 to Magero.

I do like them, their new single is poppy-ish but it does have that hot female in there.

IMO... COF>Dimmu.
Quote by k90728
+123 to Magero.

I do like them, their new single is poppy-ish but it does have that hot female in there.

IMO... COF>Dimmu.

Dimmu's latest album > all of COF's latest albums

I haven't heard the really early stuff though, but I have to sometime.
I've found Jesus
Contraband-You should...

I've heard some "fans" talking about them and i came up to them and they didnt know anything about COF. They just liked them cus Dani was "HaWt"...
Quote by k90728
Contraband-You should...

I've heard some "fans" talking about them and i came up to them and they didnt know anything about COF. They just liked them cus Dani was "HaWt"...

Yea...but do I really need to point out that Dani is an ugly piece of shit with all his makeup and costumes? It's ridiculous.
I've found Jesus
ROTFLMFAO. Word man.

The keyboardist lady thingy is the oogliest out of them all... Yuck.

oogliest=uber ugly.
Quote by Magero
Personally, I think I agree with what one of their guitarists said. He basically came out and said that all these people keep saying they are black metal that sold out, but he points out that even back when they were considered "Tr00 gr1m and kvlt" they sounded nothing like bands like Emperor or Immortal or even Dimmu Borgir. They have always considered themselves just heavy metal. And I reckon hes hit the nail on the head...I mean, its not black metal...there is not way you can compare stuff by CoF to stuff by Emperor....

ya i have a really old guitar one interview with paul i think, and he said that a long time ago, i should look for it
My sig is better than yours
only good song this band has is Cthulu Dawn
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Well, I will give my informative response. CoF is teh ub00R GhEy. But, in some more respectable light, I think most people that are into the Tr00 Gr1M frostbitten kvlt black metal all had to listen to CoF before they got into the good stuff. I remember I was searching for some bathory and I downloaded the song Bathory Aria. I still to this day like that song, I thinkit's actually, dare I say it, epic? But, everyone has their own guilty pleasuers I guess. I still hate this band though except for that song.

EDIT: Wow, I still have Bo's avatar, is the heist still going on?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
.... But, in some more respectable light, I think most people that are into the Tr00 Gr1M frostbitten kvlt black metal all had to listen to CoF before they got into the good stuff.....

I don't. COF are the most annoying boring piece of shit I have heard. I'd rather listen to St Anger for eternity. Fun factor -88
I dont understand why people don't like good music. Dimmu is great to, but still, Cradle and Dimmu are pretty much on the same level. Or thats what I think.
Quote by CotyXD
I dont understand why people don't like good music

This = one of the funniest things ever.

I agree with Tony. It's the vocals that ruin it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang

It's the vocals that ruin it.

Wtf? The vocals are pretty much the best part of the band? Growls and screeches. Perfect.
oi
Quote by CotyXD
Wtf? The vocals are pretty much the best part of the band? Growls and screeches. Perfect.

No, wait, THIS = funniest thing ever.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I like quite a few of their songs, but I'm gonna give this release a very wide berth.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
The old albums are best. The last one is more than worst ... too much pop-like i think.
i like the song temptation. personally i don't thinkit is their best but it is good. i mean come on! it has good hard riffs the solo is just perfect for the song and the girl singer in there really pushes it. on the other hand it wasn't a good song to make a single out of for thornography........ but hey to each his own.
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason