Page 1 of 2
Anyone know how I can lie and still pass a lie detector test?
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
No.
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

No, you're screwed.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
u just have to be really good at it... controlin breathin and u gotta noe the kinds of questions they ask and everythin.... its not somthin most people can do... thats y they use polygraphs... if everybody knew how to pass um, they wouldnt work....
you have to learn how to control your heart beat and always stay calm...good luck!
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
tell the truth?

That is not an option.

Could I rent one to practice? How much do they go for?

Skepto > Oxygen
Last edited by JMack at Jan 16, 2007,
I'm more interested to know as to why you wish to beat a polygraph?

No one help him until he tells us
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Scourge
I'm more interested to know as to why you wish to beat a polygraph?

No one help him until he tells us

How about, I tell you if I pass it.

Skepto > Oxygen
lol polygraphs arent very accurate... get real nervous about stupid stuff thats true to confuse them. my friend was trying to get a job at the cia and they wouldnt let her because when they asked if she was a terrorist (which of course she isnt) she got nervous and failed lol
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
Quote by JMack
How about, I tell you if I pass it.
Go ooooorrrrrn, you know you want to tell us

C'mon, can't do that man.

That's like saying "Hey guess what I did today? You'll love it! Man, should've seen what I got! Man you're gonna freaking LOVE this when I tell you!! ...Too bad I won't!"
I didn't have a signature until now.
practice lying?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Scourge
Go ooooorrrrrn, you know you want to tell us

C'mon, can't do that man.

That's like saying "Hey guess what I did today? You'll love it! Man, should've seen what I got! Man you're gonna freaking LOVE this when I tell you!! ...Too bad I won't!"

Right.
It's actually not a big deal. Some friends of mine just built one and they say it's really accurate. They plan to try it out on me pretty soon. Being the people that they are, I'm worried about the questions they'll ask. It's nothing illegal, just embarrassing.

Skepto > Oxygen
You could just opt not to do it if your worried about the questions they'll ask. Make one of them do it instead.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by The Necromancer
Don't you have to give your consent to let them give you the test?

They're my friends. Buddies. You know, old college partyers. We go golfing pretty often, we went to the Super Bowl together. One of them is in my band. If I don't "give my consent" they'll never let me live it down.

Skepto > Oxygen
You won't get away with it. Do you really think you can fool an expert with tips off the internet
Quote by anewhope
You won't get away with it. Do you really think you can fool an expert with tips off the internet

Yes. The internet has more knowledge than any other thing in the world. It also has the most stupidity. Luckily, I can overlook that.

Skepto > Oxygen
How to pass a ploygraph? simple: don't then through a long process of mind games persuade them that the equipment is somehow broken
i seem to remember that polygraphs work by comparing results from questions related to the matter at hand to questions about which the interviewee has no reason to be anxious about. so try and be nervous on those ones. and try and relax on the others.

this does not help much, does it?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I once heard some drugs could give a false result.

but don't do it.
'Member #3 FZ fanclub'
[IMG]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/mevi.jpg[/IMG]
Try and think about something other than the question your answering and the lie you're telling while you're tlaking.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Don't lie – stretch the truth.
It's what lawyers do all day.

Pie is not cake. Everybody knows that. And if you start claiming that pie is cake, your body reacts to that because you know damn straight that it isn't. The poly picks up in these reactions and you fail.

But if you stretch your personal definition of pie, it may work after all.
First of all, look at all the things that pie has in common with cake: It's made out of dough, you can eat it, it's tasty, there's nothing keeping you from eating pie at a birthday except for tradition, it both comes out of an oven... and pie is already a mathematical term so it's only logic we call both of them cake.

If you do that long enough, you condition yourself to accept the statement "pie is cake" as true, or at east as a valid point of view. And as the grandmaster of all liars, George Costanza, once said to Jerry when he wanted to cheat a poly test because his gilfriend didn't believe he never watched Melrose Place:
"It's not a lie if you believe it"

Or if you're a real badass, you could take the Dennis Hopper approach.
Like everyone else has said, just sit back and relax, and don't think too hard on the questions. I don't know of another way to explain it, its just a certain control you have over yourself.
Quote by JMack
Anyone know how I can lie and still pass a lie detector test?

You have to be able to control heart beat, blood pressure, eye movement perspiration.

In other word, unless your specially trained or able to stop feeling emotion on cue, no you cant.
I heard clenching your buttocks works.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Fool a polyfraph the same way you would fool a real person, remain calm. They pick up shit like muscle twitches, fast breathing and heartbeats. Just try to know that it can only sense when you lying when your not calm about. You could also not directly answer the question. Like my principle a few weeks ago:

So you didn't have any involvement in the dead animal in ms. didlakes room?
ME: I didn't put any animal in anyone's room.

This was 100% true. My involvement though.....Let's just say I knew some things.
But i didn't do it see?
"The inner machenisms of my mind are an inigma."

-Patrick Star
Quote by ClaypoolWooten
Fool a polyfraph the same way you would fool a real person, remain calm. They pick up shit like muscle twitches, fast breathing and heartbeats. Just try to know that it can only sense when you lying when your not calm about. You could also not directly answer the question. Like my principle a few weeks ago:

So you didn't have any involvement in the dead animal in ms. didlakes room?
ME: I didn't put any animal in anyone's room.

This was 100% true. My involvement though.....Let's just say I knew some things.
But i didn't do it see?
1) they usually ask you 'yes' or 'no' questions.

2) You're correct that measure muscle twitches, heart rate, finger movements etc. In fact, they measure pretty much every single thing that they can. So it's not about staying calm vs. being nervous (that's an extremely common misconception) it's about how you react differently to questions that they know you're not lying about compared to the questions that they want to know whether you're being honest.

If there were any 'trick' to beating the polygraph they have contingencies for it. For example, intentionally shaking or twitching they would ask you to stop at the beginning of the test. They would also ask you to stay away from coffee or other stimulants before the test. They'll take your blood pressure before the test starts and if it's above normal they'd ask you to come back later etc.

They also ask you a series of dummy questions first to get measurements to 'calibrate' the test so every response you give is in comparison to how the test was calibrated etc.

The easiest way to pass is just to not lie.
Quote by n0e
lol polygraphs arent very accurate... get real nervous about stupid stuff thats true to confuse them. my friend was trying to get a job at the cia and they wouldnt let her because when they asked if she was a terrorist (which of course she isnt) she got nervous and failed lol

lmao
If You beleive its the truth, then you are telling the truth. Other than that, your prolly screwed
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Ok heres what you have to do, you need to give them readings making it impossible to tell if youre telling the truth or lying. So when they ask you basic questions to test your standard reactions, breath fast, fidget a bit and act nervous. Do the same when you need to lie. This way youll get an innacurate reading and they cant tell if youre lying or not.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Get nervous when they ask you your name and try to set it off when you say what it is. Discredit the rest of the test.

Or just practise lying. You need to not change at all. They're about 70% effective I think (lie detector tests), so if you're a good liar and get your story down well you should be fine. Getting your story down is good. You'll start to panic if they ask you something you haven't anticipated and that might set it off. Just relax.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
An idea...

Tell them the right answers.

Afterwards, telled them you lied about everything and their detector didn't notice.
Page 1 of 2