it will only fit in the les paul if its specially routed for a floyd rose. and the squire, its gonna happen, try locking tuners and lube the nut
Gear:
Gibson SG Faded Special
American Strat
Fender Bassman 100
Vox Wah
Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
DOD 250 Overdrive
Ernie Ball Volume

Band
yeah, every time i use the tremolo and my strings always sound dead even when they are brand new and i think i have locking tuneres
how do i rout it for a floyd? do you think the floyd woud do the same thing as the tremolo on the squire?
i had this problem with mine i just took the g string out of its string tree and it was way better
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
Is your bridge resting against the body? How old are your strings, they may not be stretched out fully yet.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
The trem goes out of tune because that is the way it is built. Unless you have locking tuners, which you don't, because it is a squier, it will go out of tune. It is inescapable. The only way pretty much to get a trem in your les paul is to get a stop tailpiece for it.
the strings sound dead when they are 1 day old or 2 months old
i guess i'm screwed on the tremolo
What brand of strings do you use? Do you have any friends who use the same brand and gauge?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

tighten the screws and add springs to the trem cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i use deans (strings)
i have a few friends who use them and they don't sound dead on their guitars ... just mine
i have 3 springs and tightend the screws ...think it could be the pickups? i will post a pic of my guitar in a min if that will help
if u use the trem and it falls out of tune. you dont have the bridge tight enough.

add springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Try a new brand of strings.

It could also be the pickups, but try switching strings first
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

how can pickups make a guitar go out of tune?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok, well, change the strings, level out/ tighten the bridge and make sure u 2-3 winds around the tuners.

that will brighten ur tone and help keep it in tune.

as far as sounding dead, what amp are u using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i found a pack of strings i got and forgot i had them
they are i forgot the brand but they are 9's
i use a my squire amp, my friends fender amp and my friends marshall amp
strings are still dead
well it's easy enough to change the strings.

im just saying, ull notice nicer tone with fresh strings (please swap them one at a time), but there's no need doing anything with the pickups until u upgrade ur amp.

so swap ur strings, wind them correctly, keep the trem tight. if u want them to stay in tune, dont over use the trem, and start saving for a new amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

it sounds dead cause you have a squier.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
your paul build will be hard with the angled neck, i'm not sure if it will work with that angled neck.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
both lol, squire's a beginner's company. it sounds like your ear is developing if you no longer love the squier.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
haha well i still love the squire cause it looks good and it was my first real guitar
but I NEED SOUND!!!!!!!!!! think if i put some new pickups in it would make a difference? i love the blues/jazzy sound from a fender/squire but i need a gibson crunch
this thread is about the most frustrating thread ive ever entered. everytime i think ur asking about something, u change the topic.

you asked how to keep the guitar in tune. i think ive answered that about 3 times. and have no idea u've decided to fix ur guitar or not.

ok then you said ur strings sound dead. thru all amps you've tried, but u never said any models. for all i know it's a MG and a frontman. and ur amp is sub par. so no.

dont change the pickups until u buy a nice amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Which squier is it? If it's a showmaster then you might need another spring. When i bought mine it only had 2 springs in and i was wondering for ages why i couldn't keep it in tune...
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Quote by jj1565
how can pickups make a guitar go out of tune?

It's a strat.

It is impossible to keep a strat in tune if the pickups are set too high, and it'll sound like crap too. I have no idea why (magnetic pull probably, but that shouldn't be strong enough to pull it out of tune), but that's just how it is. Using the Fender guidelines for pickup height will work in most cases, but it will not always sound best.

The strat might just be the most sensitive guitar when it comes to pickup height, so it's a good idea to spend some time on it.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by geetar_alex
i had this problem with mine i just took the g string out of its string tree and it was way better

It was just sticking in the tree, you could have solved it with some vaseline or graphite.
Quote by mr_hankey
It's a strat.

It is impossible to keep a strat in tune if the pickups are set too high, and it'll sound like crap too. I have no idea why (magnetic pull probably, but that shouldn't be strong enough to pull it out of tune)

sorry not buying it. it they were that high then the strings would buzz from hiitting the poles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
sorry not buying it. it they were that high then the strings would buzz from hiitting the poles.

Nope. Try it. Put the three pickups as high as possible (without them touching the strings obviously). If you have a floating bridge (which a strat bridge should be, IMO), it will not stay in tune. Lower the pickups; problem solved (providing the guitar is set up correctly).
ok, here is the thing. The bridge has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Adding springs will only expand your problem bigger, for you will have to push harder to get deeper dives. DONT ADD SPRINGS. Your strings sound dead because either they are buzzing, or they are ****ed up at the nut. Lube the nut, up your gauge, and get back with us. btw, your pickups have nothing to do with it. It is a common rumour that squiers are bad, when in fact they are not. They are good guitars, you just need to know how to make te adjustments.
if u have a low end trem, and u try to use it with loose screws, not enough springs, ull fall out of tune every single time. it's so freaking simple.

the tone question is NOT RELATED to the bridge adjustment advice.
that is simply his freaking amp. or string brand. yes new pickups will "help" but not nearly as much as a new amp.

ok im done with this thread. good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by claptonblackie
you see? this guy^^^^^ knows what hes talking about! Im done here too. maybe. lol

Jenny?

Anyway, I believe even a Squier can be set up to stay in tune even with a floating trem, but it's definitely not easy.
THe non-double locking ones will always go out of tune. It i a fact. No way around it. You can make adjustments to make it better, but it will still go out of tune.
i have a strat copy that had the same problem with the tuning

i just couldn't get it to stay in tune, so i greased the nut and set the bridge to float, abd now it stays in tune

i don't know if you are willing to have a floating bridge, but it worked for me
Call me Dan

Gear:
2015 Les Paul Studio - Wine Red
Ibanez SA120 (black)
Marshall MG100HDFX
Custom Les Paul (work in progress)
About 10 other guitars and a big pedalboard. lol