i have an old acoustic guitar which my dad gave me about 5 years ago, it was given to him by a guy who used to play with it in a band in the mid 80's. basically its a lovely sounding guitar but the action after the 10th fret is ridiculously high, i'd never really noticed when i was starting out because i just practiced songs with simple chords but i've now started playing more songs up and down the fretboard i can hardly play them

ive checked to see if the neck was bowed but it seems dead straight to my eye

i'll try post a picture if that would help. it seems as if there is a gradual slope to the strings the further along the neck i go.

was thinking it could be the bridge saddle, if this was place deeper into the bridge it looks like it could help
Last edited by Acoustica85 at Jan 16, 2007,
Your guitar probably has some humidity conditions resulting in the strings action being so high. If you want, try sanding down the saddle.
Gear:
-Fender Mexican Telecaster
-Vox VR15 amp
-Yamaha FG-700S acoustic
-No name classical guitar with a stinky greasy fretboard
id get it checked out before sanding the saddle, unless its worthless then just do it as an experiment
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
i looked on ebay, replacement saddles are dirt cheap, might try experimenting, i'll let you know how it goes
Somewhere on the taylor website they have a very good tutorial on the proper way to sand down your saddle. I would recomend you find that before you do anything else. If you follow the taylor instructions then it would be very hard to mess anything up.
Not taking any online orders.