I graduated high school last year and came back to high school for a semester. i have to apply to college by February 1st in order to start in September and i have no idea what to apply for. I recently had decided to take a chef training course but decided i couldnt see my self doing that for the rest of my life. I dont really want to totally stray away from my main interests of sports and music, so i was looking at taking a business course and opening my own music shop or taking something related to law. I have less then 2 weeks to decide and am totally lost and dont really want to make a decision. anyone have the same problem when they were applying to college/univeristy??
Ibanez SZ320
Michael Kelly Patriot Supreme
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Acoustic
Pod X3
Do physics. Problem solved
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult

Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Find a place that offers everything you could be interested in. Start out undeclared and dabble in a few different things. And if you still aren't decided in a couple semesters, go for a general degree, such as business.
Hi, I'm Peter
how easy is it to switch courses......i am in canada, if that matters
Ibanez SZ320
Pod X3
It's super easy to switch majors as long as you do it in the first 2.5 years. I know people who have changed 8 times already in Freshman year. No worries!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Yakult

Physics? I'd rather tear my eyes out...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
hahah yea i agree
Ibanez SZ320
Pod X3
most people change their major anyway. go into college undecided, then you can take a wide range of different classes and figure it out then.
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Math > Physics

nevertheless ... the stricter sciences is where it's at ( math, physics, chemistry )

but looking at your problem in a more serious way just get some education in running a business. After that you can pretty much pursue your interests, be they music, sports, sex. You can always give ass under a bridge.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Ahh you speak of arithmetics. I speak of the science. And yes arithmetics are used in all strict sciences.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
The science of mathmatics?

EDIT: A lot more than arithmatic is used in physics. In my limited study of physics I have used both trigonometry and calculus.
Well...yes.

Mathematics is a science you know. Proofs, theories, laws. I could give you a list but my middle name isn't Wikipedia.

EDIT : yea..that's what I meant counting. I'm saying there's more to math than just counting.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
Quote by Bronek
Math > Physics

Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Quote by Bronek
Mathematics is a science you know. Proofs, theories, laws. I could give you a list but my middle name isn't Wikipedia.

Mathematics isn't really a "science," since mathematics is a self-proving system. It's sort of like art or music, something that exists only for its own sake. Science is an attempt at systematically understanding "reality," so it depends on things outside its own system. I don't know if I explained that as clearly as I could've, but fuck it.
Hi, I'm Peter
To threadstarter:

Do Law!!! It is a relatively easy profession (imo) and it is very, very well paid
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

I'm going to go ahead and tell you that you're out of your mind
Hi, I'm Peter
Definitely do undeclared for your first two semesters, find out what you really want to do, and then declare...

I was lucky, I was going to be undecided until I took my high school physics class. I loved it, and talked to my professor who said I'd be good for engineering. I declared to be an Engineer and I love it.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
If you are into sports...there is a Sports Recreation program that is quite popular. And I'm assuming that you are in Ontario.....jsut curious at what colleges you were thinking of.

EDIT: Can you go undeclared in Canada? I've never heard of that before....

And for you Americans, University and College are not the same thing in Canada.
thats what im mainly lookin at, either a law clerk or a law and security program
Ibanez SZ320
Pod X3
law cleark? i dunno, when im off to england to university ill prolly apply to corporate law, or finantial law, but im only in for the money, really
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

im lookin at niagara college.....yea i cant wait to declare or whatever, ive gotta decide and apply now
Ibanez SZ320
Pod X3
Quote by Yakult

Good call...except you reminded me I have work and revision to do
Quote by Dirk Gently
Mathematics isn't really a "science," since mathematics is a self-proving system. It's sort of like art or music, something that exists only for its own sake. Science is an attempt at systematically understanding "reality," so it depends on things outside its own system. I don't know if I explained that as clearly as I could've, but fuck it.

well reasoning that way one could say physics is self proving because we make new theories and formulae by discovering things and plugging them into old formulae...just like math imo
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl