Alright, for nearly the past 7 years i've been playing out of a solid state Fender Stage 100 amp. While I've been pleased with it I feel that it is time to improve my tone and move into the world of tube amps. Currently i'm in a semi serious band that really only is able to play during the summer but may start gigging this summer. This leads me to think that im pretty much set on getting a tube combo because a half stack looks like over kill. Our band plays mostly indie rock, but I also like to play alternative and punk stuff. Some of my favorite bands are the Foo Fighters, Weezer, Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, Nirvana, and Jawbreaker. I'm looking to spend a max of $800 USD and i'm wondering which tube combo would suit me best. I've been looking at the Fender Hot Rod Deville series so far and i'm wondering if this is the right direction for the music that I play. Thanks.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncan SH-6 in bridge)
Fender 50's Stratocaster (Duncan Hotrails in bridge)
Fender Standard Telecaster (Fender SCN Pickups)
Marshall JCM 900 4500
Vox DA5
Hmmm Im thinking somewhere along the lines of a Jcm 900 maybe. Imo the fender is great but od wise the Jcm is suited better!!