im getting angry because i cant find a good tone !!!!!

i want a good distortion !!

can someone help me out?

just like say:
Gain=7
Bass=4
treble=6

or something like that i use a fender '72 custom tele and am going thru a line 6 xtlive pedal and then a Line 6 Spider II and yes i know the amp is poo tone but theres gotta be something just ignor the amp and help me pleasE!!! i got such an awsome Clean but the distortion on the amps are so weak i cant use it live so i use my pedal but i still need tone on the amp
well for a start the amp Doesn't have tone that bad, the crunch settings are fairly decent. we can't tell you what distortion You want, there isn't some almighty distortion setting thats the best ever or owt.

if you like metally sort of distortion trivium metallica etc. raise the treble and bass and turn down the mids; if you like slash sort of distortion push up your mids and treble and lower bass slightly.
a good example of a setting thats good on that amp is the crunch setting on green with the gain fairly high (7-10), the treble up about 7-8 (although tweak around a bit seen as your using a tele), the bass around 4-6 (perhaps a little higher for the bridge pickup), and the mids at about 6/7 - with no effects and reverb on about 3-4

its possible that your looking for a distortion made by guitars with humbuckers and dark woods i.e. les pauls, as a lot of people find teles are much better for clean than distortion.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Last edited by ArcherTheVMan at Jan 16, 2007,
Well, it really depends...

I play an Ibanez SZ320 through a POD 1.0 (direct to the hi-fi)...

I f u want some cutting edge tones...

GAIN=7
BASS=4
MIDDLE=3
TREBLE=6

I really like this settings to solo over some heavy background music.

Something more heavy:

GAIN=10
BASS=5
MIDDLE=6
TREBLE=7

Most ppl will say for u to be carefull with the gain...to go easy on it... I love the tone i get with this setup, and that's all i care about.

When I want a particular tone, what i do is:

1-Put everything in 5
2-Adjust gain
3-Adjust bass/middle
4-Adjust treble
5-Do step 2 and forward all over again until i'm satisfied.

This works for me, which doesn't mean it will work for u.

Just try, and let us know if u got results (good ones, obviously) =)

Until then,
>Rock Hard
I just done one i like haa.

i realised what i was doing that made it rubbish was that if there was to much treble i just turned that down and put bass up but i just turned it all to 0 and went from there and i got a crunchy punk distortion out of it which is nice thanks!
Mess around with the amp, that's gonna help your "tone" better than some randomers shouting meaningless amp settings.

You have the amp, we don't know what settings sound good for what you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Some Advice, from me, is you want your lower notes to be as tight as possible, how you get that is you roll off the bass, Raise the Treble to max and Raise or Leave the mids at the Middle.
Quote by R_H_C_P
Mess around with the amp, that's gonna help your "tone" better than some randomers shouting meaningless amp settings.

You have the amp, we don't know what settings sound good for what you want.

Well, obviously, it wasn't working, so why not say what one use?

Oh yeah! I forgot, he wasn't messing with his amp before. He just stared at it thinking... "C'mon damn amp! Play a good tone!"...

Really, use your common sence and think before posting!

I'm not saying: BASS=7 is your way!

I'm saying: with my stetup, i like this! Try it! You won't loose anything if it doesnt work for you.

THINK! That's the trick for anything! (Except sex, and some soloing maybe...)
Well obviously he would have tried a bit, but not sat down with it for ages and tweaked everything, which is what I'm saying to do.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
put everything up to 11

bass to zero, mid to 5 treble to 11

that gives a "tight" distortion
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member of the sXe club. pm to join.

My Crap:
Modded Squier Guitar
Digitech RP250
Squier SP10
You should actually just wait to set up your amp sound until you get to where you're going to be playing. Everywhere you play is going to be different, and your amp is going to sound different. Just practice playing with your EQ and try to develop your ears.

I used to play with maxed out gain and very low mids, but then I learned (when I got moved to guitar in my band) that doing that rarely produces the best sound. When you turn up your mids, your tone becomes more clear and distinguishable. When they're down, it gets harder to decipher what's happening on the fretboard. That combined with the amount of gain I was using really made my tone somewhat indistinguishable and muddy. So my settings used to be GAIN 10, BASS 4, MIDS 2, TREBLE 10, and now it's GAIN 7, BASS 6, MIDS 6, TREBLE 10; atleast, thats the settings I use in our current practice space. You need to tweak your settings differently for every different situation (miced, not miced, small room, big room, outside, big stage, small stage, crowd size, etc).

So just remember, what sounds good in your bedroom rarely sounds good in other places. Its best just to have a good ear.
We're only strays.