hello people,
i plan on upgrading the pups on my k7, because i think the stock ones sound kinda weak. do you know any pups that woud give it more punch? i would rather stick to passive ones, i dont like the idea of a guitar having a batt in it. any help is appreciated, thx
Ibanez K7
JCM 800
its a ibanez 7string, signature model of head and munky from KoRn, mahagony body, dimarzio paf-7 humbuckers, metal guitar.

i wanna play mostly KoRn, Metallica, Children of Bodom and other (nu-)metal
Ibanez K7
JCM 800
I would definitely try the emg 7 string set for you style.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Well, he said he wanted passives....

EDIT:
How about...
Neck: SH2 - Jazz - Warm, thick rhythms. Says Jazz, but it's great for alot of different styles. This will allow you to get good cleans, for versatility, too.
Bridge: SH-6 Duncan Distortion - High output HB, with alot of aggressive crunch.

Both of them can be ordered for 7 string guitars.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Jan 16, 2007,
Dimarzio do a 7 string D-sonic, should be right up your street, maybe with a blaze in the neck. It's probably worth checking out their new Deactivator model, although I've not really heard anything about them myself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The 7 string EMGs don't fit standard humbucker routes anyways. I have no idea why the **** they would be that stupid, but I guess they decided to make the poor 7-string metalheads do more work.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
thx for the help, the sh-6 seems to be a pretty cool choice for the bridge.
i wonder whether its possible to like try them out or anything, since i have no idea how they sound in my k. but on the other hand, shops would never allow me to install them in my k without being sure that i buy them. so, is it normal that u buy pups without actually knowing what they will sound like?

--i checked the deactivator's description, its actually an active pickup
Ibanez K7
JCM 800
Deactivators aren't active - they're passives that have been designed to emulate actives. Or at least that's what Dimarzio say - whether they've succeeded is a different matter, but they definitely aren't active.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Sir Garfield
thx for the help, the sh-6 seems to be a pretty cool choice for the bridge.
i wonder whether its possible to like try them out or anything, since i have no idea how they sound in my k. but on the other hand, shops would never allow me to install them in my k without being sure that i buy them. so, is it normal that u buy pups without actually knowing what they will sound like?

--i checked the deactivator's description, its actually an active pickup

Seymore Duncan has some clips on their site...Some shops, like the one I go to, has a return policy, so you never know. Just gotta check.
uh, thanks - im definitely too dumb to read... so if they emulate actives they gotta be really powerful, right
Ibanez K7
JCM 800
Dunno - I think it's more a case of trying to replicate the tonal characteristics of actives...although they're still pretty high output, I think they're comparable to Evo's in that respect.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc