I am sick of people who either don't know what they are talking about or people who have nothing to say posting in threads. If you have nothing to add, simply don't post. This is extremely annoying. Let me give some examples so that everyone has an idea what I am talking about.

Quote by ECistheBest
maybe
iono cuz i play my guitars. every day and night
there aren't days that i don't pick up my baby.
lol

This was in reply to someone asking what precautions should be taken when leaving your guitar unplayed. It was comepletely useless, and nobody cares about you or what you have to say about it.

Quote by chubbychunks
Steel ftw!

This was in response to a poster asking what the difference between steel and nylon strings are. Nobody asked which was better, nobody asked which is more awesome, and definitely NOBODY cares which you think PWNS more. lolooolololololocopter.

Quote by Zuka
You could buy Australia.

This was in response to a guy who is going to Australia and wanting to know which guitars to look for while he was there. Another lolololocopter that should not have been said and was not funny.

Quote by ECistheBest
it would kill u first instead of the guitar
get frostbites from playing in ur left hand fingers
shiet man u can't play forever
and that would suck

This was in response to a person asking how the cold affects guitars. Completely useless and retarded.

If you don't know what you are talking about or don't have anything to add to the thread please don't post.
yeh i spose you have a point...

*EDIT* was this post simply agreeing and compounding your point a perfect example of your complaint...?

...i dont care
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
Couldn't agree more, but you might as well just get used to it...

Put on some Jack Johnson. It's all good...
^

You just have to get used to it. For as long as the world has been around, there have been stupid people. Unfortunately, doctors (and the government) have figured out ways to save the really stupid ones, allowing for the bastards to beat darwinism and procreate to proliferate their stupid genes and produce stupid teenagers that post on guitar forums.

So just pour yourself a round, and take it for what its worth.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by Carpmuncher
I am sick of people who either don't know what they are talking about or people who have nothing to say posting in threads. If you have nothing to add, simply don't post.

This is UG - Now, UG is full of useless spam posts. You're not the only one who is sick of posts like that. It happens in most forums. UG mod's should be stricter with the rules to spamming, people will soon realise that ti's pointless and is wasting space on the servers.
@ threadstarter:

well this is hardly useful in the acoustic guitar section as it's more a general rant topic about people posting useless replys, that has no relevance to acoustic guitars whatsoever. ironic?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
buttsecks?

exactly
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Carpmuncher
I am sick of people who either don't know what they are talking about or people who have nothing to say posting in threads. If you have nothing to add, simply don't post. This is extremely annoying.

While I agree with you, there's something even worse: Creating new threads that fit into this category.

A better alternative would be to report posts like these. If you report a useless or spam post, the guilty party will receive either a warning or a ban depending on the scenario. To report a post, click on the icon with the exclamation point (!) underneath the user's name on the left side of their post. Thanks.