If you want something with an Alnico II magnet you're probably better off looking at Duncan's - Slash uses the Duncan Alnico II Pro, Page's tone was generally a bit more ragged and the Pearly Gates might be a better bet for that.

If you've got a tremelo bridge and a non-mahogany guitar then you might get close with Dimarzio Breeds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 16, 2007,
Dimarzio Super Distortion?
I think that Duncans are your better option for that sot of sound. Slash uses Duncan Alinco II Pros
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Jimi Page uses Gibson Custom Jimi Page Burst Buckers and Slash uses Seymour Duncan Aph-1 Alnico II pickups.
The Breeds are nothing like Evo's...they're really fat and warm with a rounded top end as opposed to the screaming highs and cutting mids of the Evolutions. Effectively they're a beefed up, overwound vintage-voiced pickup, which means they're very warm and fat in mahogany. They will give you back some of the punch that you lose with the floyd though. You'll get the Slash neck tone no problem, but I'm not sure if the bridge would be a bit too warm and fat for what you're looking for. Having said that, installing them with series/parallel switching micht do the trick.

The Super Distortin isn't exactly a metalhead pickup, but it's not what you're looking for either!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Jimi Page uses Gibson Custom Jimi Page Burst Buckers and Slash uses Seymour Duncan Aph-1 Alnico II pickups.

There it is. If you are really going for they're tone, why not just use their pickups?
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
^Maybe he prefers DiMarzio's? And for good reason! Try maybe Virtual PAF's? Check out their medium-output pickups. I don't know them by name, I only use high-output.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by ChurchNSkate
^Maybe he prefers DiMarzio's? And for good reason! Try maybe Virtual PAF's? Check out their medium-output pickups. I don't know them by name, I only use high-output.

actually, slash uses a low output pickup for his signature sound... page is medium output..
maybe the Paf Pro/joe/fred.. or an Air zone/norton
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
^Well. Didn't know that. The Air Norton would probably work for you in the bridge, actually. It's my neck pickup, but it had a nice sound in the bridge too. Very smooth.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by incockgnito
I'm looking for something which sounds like Page\Slash bridge\overdriven sound - is there in DiMarzio store any pickup which sound is similar to this (with alnico II magnet and similar sound characteristic)

actually, slash used the neck pup 99% of the time, and page like using the middle pup selection. so its not really the bridge that counts, if you want that slash sound. definitely try alnico ii pro's, those are slash's actual pups.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.