O.K. So I'm going to order a case later in the day and want to also buy some picks,cables and straps.So what picks,cables and straps would you recommened?
Well picks and straps and entirely up to preference, so find what feels good
Planet Waves cables are pwn, everything is preference though.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Picks are a personal thing, find a type you like, and buy loads of the f***ers! If you're into any kind of technical stuff I'd suggest using very stiff picks. I personally use Jim Dunlop Jazz III's, which are small and sharp, but amazing once you get used to them.

For cables, get yourself some George L's. Levy's have a huge range of straps and are good quality.
it depends on how much u r willing to spend. you can buy some really low end or some pretty good cables. planet waves makes pretty good cables for the price. id stay away from monster since you can buy better cables for less. still they are good cables just not worth the money in my opinion. for picks i use jazz iii. maybe you'd like them.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I use dunlop standards, the yellow ones sometimes and the purple 1.14 to get a lil thicker. I also like the steve Vai ibanez picks, i think they are 1.5. I use the solid color dimarzio straps with the clips, but thats up to you. I have monster cables.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
boycott Monster. theyre still nice cables, but not as much of a Corporate Monster as Planet Waves.

dunlop Nylon 73mm/ Jazz III 1mm are the best to me.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
I got one of those Planet Waves Signature straps by Satch and they're really comfortable and they look really cool too as well. They're also built really well too.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
monster cables are life time warranty
jazz picks are cool if your into that i am
regular or jazz picks they gotta be big stubs
Levy strap
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Look in to Van Damme cables, very very sturdy (so far it has been) and good sound quality...abit pricey though.
I think Venom cables are pretty good
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join