Well, I am going to get my tax return sometime in the next few months and am planning on buying a Full Stack. I was just wondering what you guys thought of the Backline series. I want to get a 4x10 and a 1x15 plus a nice amp head. Should I wait and save up more for some of the more expensive ones or just go with the Backline. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
The backlines are good but if you are buying a full stack it's probably better to save up and go for something a little more top end. They are good beginner and intermediate amps but for a full stack, i don't personally think they cut it
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
The backlines are good but if you are buying a full stack it's probably better to save up and go for something a little more top end. They are good beginner and intermediate amps but for a full stack, i don't personally think they cut it

Thanks, Anyone else have an opinion?
I play a GK 410SBX through a Backline 600 head and I absolutely love it. But for me, i'm doin small gigs and stuff with my marching band, so its keeping me happy. its got a great sound to it, and gets a good smooth sound out wherever you play on the board.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
honestly if you dont wanna screw with the sound of a backline then id get it

but if your hopin to have some serious EQ tweakabillity then go with a higher end amp

the GK RB series is very good but not quite as affordable as the backline

oh and yeah for a stage rippin full stack your gonna want to step it up from backline

right now im getting an original ampeg SVT head (god having a girlfriend with a loaded dad rules) and thats more fullstack material
so if you can afford it get somethin like an ampeg
but one of the high end GKs wild o the trick just fine
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Yeah, I love ampeg.

uh...

cause you should be talking about ampeg. look at the pro series. and the 8x10.
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
if you got the moneys get the SVT AV

that amp stomps the assholes of all others

in my oh so humble opinion........

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

Dude dont mess GK or Behringher man. As said above look at Ampeg pro series, more quality. Look at the new Peaveys out and if not those and you really REALLY want high end look at Aguilar. GK's i would never get, same can be said for behringer
My first question is - Are you currently Gigging?

My second question is - Do you really need a full stack for the size venue you're playing?

Third question - Do you have a means to transport all that equipment at once?

Sure fullstacks are impressive, but do you REALLY need it? I used to have a full stack, but I soon realized that I didn't need the extra cab, especially for what I was playing and where I was playing it. Assess your situation before you go out and buy it. Is it a WANT or a NEED? it's alot of money.

Quote by hxc_triple_og
Dude dont mess GK or Behringher man. As said above look at Ampeg pro series, more quality. Look at the new Peaveys out and if not those and you really REALLY want high end look at Aguilar. GK's i would never get, same can be said for behringer

Did you really just put Behringher and Gallien-Kruger on the same level? I should smack you. GK makes some of the best amps in the industry, hunderds of professional players use them. Including artists as big as Flea. I've personaly own a behringher, and I've played on many, many GK. GK is way above behringer, hands down.
Last edited by elemenohpee at Jan 17, 2007,
I never said GK was as bad as behringer, if i offened you oh well. Its my opinion on GK. I agree they are way better than behringer but still arent my type of amp.
Ampeg is a little out of my price range. Although one would be amazing.

I will be gigging soon and I have the means to get it around. I am currently using my drummers older brothers bass rig but was looking to get my own. They will be small gigs and I was looking at getting a 4x10 and then a 1x15 for the low end.
......get a lower end ampeg?

hehe just kiddin

to do so would be to remove your own testicles and present them at the feet of a feminist

honestly tho if you must GK then get an RB not backline the price isnt radically differentand dont go full just get a 4x10 with a tweeter, you dont need a 1x15 just for low end

oh and if your going to gig small places then you DEFINETLY dont need a fullstack

id go with something like the 700RB to go with it if your a die hard GKer

its not too expensive but its much better quality than a backline

^
Thanks again. I was looking at that too. Now to wait for the money to roll in.
no problem

and then wait a few years and buy that ampeg svt full stack

or perish in eternal flame

your choice