Page 1 of 2
I wahs thinking about buying a wah pedal but I'm nott really sure waht a good wah pedal would be. I mostly like to play metal, not death metal but like hard rock and thrash and metal like BLS and Pantera. I wahnted to know if theres any good ones I can find under 100$ canadian because I have 100$.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Last edited by Skippy_McNutty at Jan 16, 2007,
I heard the Ibanez Weeping Demon is good. $99.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-WD7-Weeping-Demon-Wah-Pedal?sku=150344

Havent tried it first hand though, but got good ratings and my friend raves about it.
if you like BLS then you may wish to check ot zakk wylde wah

seeing as hes in the band

personally i hated the ZW wah
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
I didnt like the ZW wah either, try out some morley wah's, like the tremonti power wah and the bad horsie 2.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
vox wah
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
fiiinnneee weeping demon dont get the ZW wah if youve ever read his dumb interviews ve come to relize he views the wah pedal as an object of tone that we do not all see it as.. get the weeping demon its insane
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
the weeping demon is also kinda digital sounding and has some major tracking problems.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
crybaby classic, the one with the fasel inducer in it.

+1 thats my favorite wah EVER
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i like the dimebag wah a whole lot but crybaby classic is a badass wah too
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
the crybaby classic is pretty good for that stuff since kirk hammet uses one im sellling one thats dead mint in the classidieds
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
If you like Pantera and BLS, i'd say go for the Crybaby From Hell. It's extremely verisitle, you can tweak pretty much everything.

Trust me, it's like having 2-3 wahs in one. It can handle everything.
yeah the dimebag wah is nice too. thats my second favorite after the classic (or a modded standard)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by oldirtyredhed
the crybaby classic is pretty good for that stuff since kirk hammet uses one im sellling one thats dead mint in the classidieds

Kirk hammett uses the EMB audio remote wah most of the time. i don't think he ever uses the crybaby classic. still if he does it would be modded like crazy

i tried the stock and IMO it wasn't that good at all. sucks alot of tone too.
Okay, let's run through this -

Vox V847- Awesome Classic Rock wah
Weeping Demon - I don't really like this much, quite harsh sounding
Crybaby (Classic + GCB95) - No, just no.
ZW Crybaby From Hell - Absolutely pathetic

Okay, now the serious suggestions:

Morley Power Wah: From experience, it's absolutely awesome for high-gain stuff and is very competeively priced, doesn't do cleans very well though
Dimebag crybaby - decent for metal, but expensive for what it is
Morley Tremonti: Another good heavy wah from Morley.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Morley Steve Vai Signature Series Bad Horsie II, maybe.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Quote by TJM2482
If you like Pantera and BLS, i'd say go for the Crybaby From Hell. It's extremely verisitle, you can tweak pretty much everything.

Trust me, it's like having 2-3 wahs in one. It can handle everything.

This man (or could be a woman...) knows his stuff.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Slash wah if you save up a little moar money?
Idk, Velvet Revolver concert and it sounded great, but whenever Musicians use their signature gear, it turns out sounding a hell of a lot better than it would if we were to use it.

Yeah, what about the Steve vai wah?
I don't even shred
^ I didnt think Slash actually used his signature wah? I thought he just used Dunlop Rack Wahs :S
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
i had the crybaby from hell (dime one) its ok its deff. not worth the $150 price tag on it..i just got a mutli efx with a wah already in it..like it alot more..

but if you want JUST wah..go for the origanal crybby..its nice for the price
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by The_Clap
vox wah

Not good for metal at all...

I tried it with high gain and it was far too subtle sounding. I tried it with clean but it was a really noticeable and really nice wah.

Vox wah = great, but ****e for metal.
Check out the Boss V-Wah. I got on eoff of eBay for about $80. I had it for a while but I had to sell it to make ends meet. I loved it. I'm totally gonna buy another unless I get the GT-8 which has one in it, supposedly. I owned a Crybaby 535 and I really didn't dig it. Maybe a true bypass mod and inductor/cap mod woulda done the trick but I didn't wanna go through all that. The Boss V-Wah has user defined sweep range a bunch of different modeled wah voicings and if used as just a wah, very easy. It is a great wah for metal/thrash IMO. I know the tone purists and their $300 boutique wahs will scoff at me but that's how I feel.

Looking for that wah sound Michael Ammott gets on Arch Enemys albums? The V-Wah can do that.
MetallyGuitarded.com
- Music Man Silhouette w/stock Floyd - Evo(B) ToneZone(N)
- Boss SD-1 & CS-3, EHX Hazarai & Clone Theory
- VHT PittBull 45 - 2x12
I'd have to say cry baby
Last edited by concusion at Oct 10, 2007,
Quote by jxljxl
^ I didnt think Slash actually used his signature wah? I thought he just used Dunlop Rack Wahs :S

He has a rackmount version of his signature wah pedal. Basically a hybrid between the 2SR rackwah and his pedal wah. At smaller shows, he uses the sig pedal.
So whats the outcome. Lets say not the best of both worlds but still something decent?
Quote by Nebjy
Slash wah if you save up a little moar money?
Idk, Velvet Revolver concert and it sounded great, but whenever Musicians use their signature gear, it turns out sounding a hell of a lot better than it would if we were to use it.

Yeah, what about the Steve vai wah?

im not sure on the slash wah, it sounds pretty good with my dsl401 on the clean channel but its sounds like sh1t on the gain channel for some reason, thats with the gain off on the wah, although it sounds good with the distortion on my me-50
Definately try the crybaby 535Q. You can customise the sweep to however you want and it sounds excellent for metal solos.
the 535q for a budget versatile wah, but my choice would be fulltone clyde deluxe, you can go from VERY voodoo chile sounding, to heavy wolfmother (start of joker and thief) sounding. And anything in between if u tweak it to wacked, and change the Q knob. Very good wah pedal. Like the vox but without the nasalness with gain on, and has the widest sweep of any wah i tried
^Yeah, but he wants a cheaper waharound $100(the 535q is a fair bit more also). You can always go used i guess.
Since this thread is about wahs; how much would a rarely used Dunlop Crybaby wah sell for? I've had it for 4 months and I'd rather use the money I get to but a distortion pedal.
I meant I'd use the money to buy a disortion pedal
Either here or eBay... if it's only 4 months old and in good shape you probably could squeeze almost $50 from someone for it.
Page 1 of 2