11 65%
Gene Simmons
5 29%
George Lynch
0 0%
Dee Snider
1 6%
Voters: 17.
Looking To find A bassist,Drummer,Singer (i can play lead and i promise i am good and i am getting lessons so i wil be even better!!)

Preferable Influences-Dokken,Kiss,Twisted Sister,Van Halen,Bon Jovi,Ratt AC/DC..Etc

specifics

Singer-Can sing high Pitch And Can Sing A Wide Variety Of Stuff
Bassist-Can Play Bass,Scales Etc.

Drummer-can Play Drums,Keep Time

All you Who Want To Bring back the 80's Hair Band Style join with me to bring it all back leather, big hair, spandex, hairspray, Etc.

Plan to learn songs by these influences and play at random places and eventually create our own music For N E info Call Travis At 214-862-8288 Age 16

p.s. no druggies
Last edited by Rhoads2000 at Jan 18, 2007,
Come to Georgia, I can play backup and sing xD

[EDIT]

Why is there a poll attached to this thread?
idk i just put one so pple could have something fun to do as their looking at my Thread!
good idea to try to bring the 80's hair band style back. so am I. rap sucks moneyballs on a stick and i wish it would go away.
Quote by Rhoads2000
GREAT!! SAME HERE DEATH TO RAP WHERE DO YOU LIVE? (caps lock was on)

Agreed rap is getting outta hand...So is this hardcore scream stuff man...

Man, I know your into this 80's stuff (so am I) but tell me yeh listen to Triumph...They were starting this 80's metal stuff man back in late 70's...Same with Ronnie Montrose w/ Sammy Hagar singing....Man, if I was in Texas I'd play with yeh...but I'm up here in Canada...you know what I mean eh.....

Good luck getting yeh band together eh man....
Where exactly do you live? I live in Corpus Christi but thats pretty far from dallas.
This reminds me why grunge needs a sequel.

If it's any consolation, rap has passed it's commercial peak and did it without killing rock or killing itself. Unlike rock's rise, which pretty much killed jazz/swing/big band type music as a commercial power.

I live too far away to be of use*, but best of luck, more bands/artists is always better then fewer.
*(that and I can't stand hair metal)
Last edited by STABxYOU at Apr 2, 2007,
Quote by Presley_92
Where exactly do you live? I live in Corpus Christi but thats pretty far from dallas.

uhhh Royse City but it is in the middle of know where
Rokken With Dokken!
I live near dallas, the colony is where I live. Im not that into hair metal but im willin to give it a shot. I dont mind wearin tight pants since i do wear tight pants. I assume your gonna be the only guitarist cause I too play guitar.
Gamertag: Thugzbunny6
add me and say you are from the pit
i will probably need a rythm guitarist too! I am just looking for some hard core 80s hair fans who especially like dokken which is a slim chance
Rokken With Dokken!
mate id kill to live near you
haha

btw, having just one guitarist is cool as sh*t.
especially if you have a really good bassist
Top lel.
same
there's a distinct lack of them near here.
there is me and ONE other person in school that like hair metal :/
i get called a "fag" and stuff for listening to it aswell :@
Top lel.
I'm in oklahoma city Rhoads but thats still a pretty good drive and I only play guitar and backup.And Dokken is THE band!
Schecter C-1 XXX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa MarkIII green stripe
Randall RM100
Park 412
i nearly died when i found out dokken had a song in "grand theft auto: vice city stories"
lol

i swear the station "v-rock" from the vice city games is THE greatest radio station ever, and if it were real it'd be brilliant
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
same
there's a distinct lack of them near here.
there is me and ONE other person in school that like hair metal :/
i get called a "fag" and stuff for listening to it aswell :@

yeah that sucks i get made fun of for that sometimes but i don't care i will show them what good music is
Rokken With Dokken!
We Should Try To Bring Back The Hair Metal Popularity In Music. It Seems Like Alot Of People Like It. Rap Sucks And All This Satanic Scream Death Metal Is Annoying. And Don't Get Me Started On Emo. Even My Friend Who Is Obsessed With Rap Likes Songs Like Cum On Feel The Noize By Quiet Riot And Round And Round By Ratt. That Shows How Good The Music Is.
Quote by TwistedForever8
We Should Try To Bring Back The Hair Metal Popularity In Music. It Seems Like Alot Of People Like It. Rap Sucks And All This Satanic Scream Death Metal Is Annoying. And Don't Get Me Started On Emo. Even My Friend Who Is Obsessed With Rap Likes Songs Like Cum On Feel The Noize By Quiet Riot And Round And Round By Ratt. That Shows How Good The Music Is. LETS SHOW THE PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO CRAPPY MUSIC HOW MUSIC SHOULD BE.

i'M STARTING A HAIR METAL BAND TOO SO IF U WANT TO JOIN IT THEN GREAT.
GO TO WWW.MYSPACE.COM/HAIRMETAL3888

AND GOOD LUCK STARTING A BAND RHOADS2000.
Quote by TwistedForever8
We Should Try To Bring Back The Hair Metal Popularity In Music. It Seems Like Alot Of People Like It. Rap Sucks And All This Satanic Scream Death Metal Is Annoying. And Don't Get Me Started On Emo. Even My Friend Who Is Obsessed With Rap Likes Songs Like Cum On Feel The Noize By Quiet Riot And Round And Round By Ratt. That Shows How Good The Music Is.

Yes Death to the Satanic stuff and emo...emo=
Rokken With Dokken!
This Rapper is really good and doesn't cuss or say retarded things like "let's get down in her." This man has all my respect as an artist and a man.
Quote by d4v1d5hu13r
This Rapper is really good and doesn't cuss or say retarded things like "let's get down in her." This man has all my respect as an artist and a man.

I don't think the problem is with them cussing or disrespecting women, hair metal bands do both by the truck full. Besides, if you're going to spam up their thread recommending rap, you really should recommend the best.
^Sheesh well just to inform pple none of the songs i like have cuss words in them besides hell (ac/dc) i listen to more of dokken, and ratt, van halen, yngwie malmsteen, they dont have any profanity in there stuff far as i know
Rokken With Dokken!
The difference is hair bands save their foul language for when they're talking, not singing. I was thinking more of G'n'R and Skid Row though...

Anyways, I don't mean to hijack.
Quote by STABxYOU
The difference is hair bands save their foul language for when they're talking, not singing. I was thinking more of G'n'R and Skid Row though...

Anyways, I don't mean to hijack.

tis all right
Rokken With Dokken!
^ Well, hair metal bands got to look at what happened to grunge bands, realized they got lucky and cleaned up.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2