One of my major influinces, despite being a Bass player, is Tom Morello from Audioslave and RATM.

And lo-and-behold, I got my first real Tom Morello style Riff from my Bass, how to get my Bass to sound like a Didigerydoo.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8LVUQVCF
I have it set up like this.
Bass>Crybaby gutiar Wah>Digitech Bass Multieffect with Auto Wah and Reverb>Amp/headphones/computer

Anyone else have any weird and cool efects for the Bass?
yeah, i slap my dinger off the strings while i gently stroke the fretboard with a water-based lubricant, sounds just springtime
i personally think an octave pedal is great for bass. makes it sound sorta computerish.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Quote by danny_plantain
yeah, i slap my dinger off the strings while i gently stroke the fretboard with a water-based lubricant, sounds just springtime

Ahh, your dinger.. like that episode of Metalopcalypse where the Bassist had to pour ice down his pants?

Quote by santhony1987
i personally think an octave pedal is great for bass. makes it sound sorta computerish.

to be honest, my own personal sound is to make my Bass as twangy and bright as possable, with otu any Bass in it whatsoever, and then an Ocdown pedal.

Octave pedals are awesome! Especially octave-based tremolo pedals!