I have just begun to tremolo pick. I can't seem to get a good rythm going. I tried to do James Root's routine in Duality (Slipknot) and i'm forced to downpick as fast as i can instead of tremolo picking. Any helpful tips or suggestions? thanks! (it seems as though i get hung up on the up-pick and it stops me from a good rythm. )
Just force yourself to alternate pick. It comes naturally after a while, you just gotta practice it.
Yeah just force yourself to alternate. I did that and it took me like 2 weeks and I had it perdectly, eh!
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
It really won't take you long to get comfortable with the atl. picking style. So just give it a week or so and it won't be a problem, then after a few more weeks you will just do it. And just cause you are alt. picking, dosen't mean you have to pick really fast. Its good tech. for all speeds.
epic7734
trouble with alternate picking? i usually cant downpick(at a tremelo speed)
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Try up-picking instead of downpicking. It will get you used to that motion, then afterwards do alt. picking. I alternate picked from the start so i don't really know how to get over that bump.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
well they say practice makes perfect..

i agree to that try to practice and practice it and sooner or later or maybe in just minutes you can figure it out how to do it..

i experienced this kind of thing also, and what i did was practice in my free time and hell yeah! i got it..

also if u got the hearts to do it you will not have a very hard time to learn new things...