I've had this for a while now, I like it enough for home practicing and learning stuff on. Though I havn't really been able to find any decent tones on it. What do you guys thing about it in the grand scheme of amplifiers out there? What do you think of the tones it gets on it's 2 channels, the reverb, and the chorus? I myself can get some newish rock sounds out of her, and some light distortion blues ocationally... well, if you could call my green playing anything blusey .
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Anyone had any experience with these? If so, what did you think compared to other sounds?

I myself just turned this beast up for the first time in TOOOOOOO long a time, and I got tones I never through I could get out of her. My mom's roomies have had me keep it like wisper volume (no joking or exadurating...) for so long... I thought all I had was a meager excuse for an amp.. she's better than I thought when made that first post... but still, what do you guys think of them? (Or the Kustom sound from other Kustom amps that you have experienced?)

I take it no-one's had any experience with Kustom SS Amps?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Jan 16, 2007,
Kustoms are amazing, put quite simply. You'll pay around half of what you'd do for a Marshall and get something just as good, if not better. Those suckers are LOUD . . . I've shopped around and looked at all kinds of different amps, and I've never heard anything that I've liked better.
Really? Thanks, that's really encouraging! Though I need to ask, with the gain on this beast, is the effect more a distortion or an overdrive, officially? As I don't really know the difference betweent he two.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
On the amp, I think it's technically distortion, but that only really matters if you don't like the sound of your amp's distortion and you want to buy a pedal.

Distortion pedals go best with solid state amps, and overdrive pedals go best with tubes. I don't really understand why, but I don't mess with it.
Well, eventually both overdrive and distortion are both basicly clipping of the sound, so what I don't see is how either is different... I mean... what, is it just that it takes more power to get overdrive to the same level of clipping as distortion or what? heh...

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
I use a Kustom Quad 200HD half stack and i love it, its a solid state head and i use a metal zone pedal and it cranks out. I can get so many different sounds out of it, im really happy with it. Just try out a distortion pedal like the BOSS MT-2 if u want a heavier distortion.
well i've tried nearly the entire range of the Kustom SS amps as the local store to me carries them almost exclusively, and for the price you pay i'm not sure there are that many better amps. there's the vox AD series, and possibly the roland cubes but apart from that there isn't anything better really, the prices that my local store has them at are just under the price for the 'respective' marshall MG series ampand the Kustoms are so much better, the cleans are much nicer and distinctly warmer, and the distortion isn't just ghastly.

i personally don't think you need a distortion pedal as i have got a distortion out of the 100 watt 2x12 model, with all the features, i forget the name, that gets somewhat near to my JCM without sounding grainy but with more low end, you just have to play around with the EQ, and don't shy away from using the mids, stick everything at 12 o'clock, and then fiddle, i would highly advise keeping the mids up and not scooping them, as tha is something i've found Kustom amps don't react well to. also if you are going to go with a distortion pedal i would not advise using the boss metal zone as it sounds weak and grainy when used at high-ish volumes and really never sounds great. i'm not to good with distortion pedals, try an electro harmonix metal muff, they seem to be getting great reviews.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Well, I keep my low at around 70% or so (2:30 o'clock), mids 100% all the time WARM... OH SO WARM , and my highs around oh...12:45 o'clock-ish. I scooped the mids when I last turned up my amp... nu-metalish without enough high end lows.... blagh!

As for a distortion, what would add a whole lot of tone boost and tons of low end?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!