Right it's pretty much already bought, there was a thread earlier when i was really angry about my S470 not coming.

Anyway I can either wait out one of these bad boys
Or I can go for another one, anyway the queery is like this:

Ibanez S470

or

Ibanez RG2550e

I'll list the advantages and disadvantages of both, some may contradict just to warn you:

S470:

Advantages:
Mahogany body.
Really nice shape, really comfortable to play.
HSH pickup config
ZR trem
Wizard II neck
This has been the guitar I've decided on for 6 months.

Disadvantages:
Mahogany body. (I hear it isnt as 'versatile' as i can get)
Will have to wait for an unknown amount of time, ranging from 2 weeks+
Inlays are very snazzy but not much help.
Bad stock pickups apparently.

RG2550e:

Advantages:
Basswood body.
24 frets
Edge Trem
Wizard II neck
HSH config

Disadvantages:
Basswood body (Some call it cheap)
Pickups are bad apparently.
Body is apparently thick, and i'm already in love with the S shape though its not too bad RGs still = good

Anyway I play Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Megadeth, SRV, Black Sabbath, John Petrucci etc Basiclaly Blues Metal and Shred mainly!

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about which i get but i'm not actually sure which is the best, the money is already payed but for the other I have to pay some extra which is fine.
does the S470 have 24 frets too. if not id get the RG since you'd be using those extra frets according to the music you play.

the guitars are a lot alike so i guess you just gotta pick which one you think looks nicer haha. personally i dont like the s470 inlays. for the RG i think the 2550 had a pickguard. i dont really like it on there. so just pick the one you think looks better. the important specs almost match up.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Aye, im in the same boat as you, choosing between these two guitars

the S is intriguing with its ZR trem

but the RG is so schmexy..and its got the 24 fret thing going on

but also costs what..twice as much?

I dunno, but ill be following this thread (if i dont forget about it)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

2 weeks plus? you know they discontinued it, right?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
2 weeks plus? you know they discontinued it, right?

The reason it'll take 2 weeks+ is that they're trying to find one in the states but dont want to admit it.

Also to the hell patrol, They're about £200 apart but i SHOULD be able to get that easily.
I'd go for the S470, I want one myself but am concentrating more on selling my amp at the moment. I've got a 24 fret guitar and let me tell you, I have gone past 22 about twice since i've had it (about a year and a half) I don't use the extra 2 at all or need them...also I play basically the same music as you. And if you don't like the pups you can always change them.
So yeh that's my thinking on the matter
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Yeah I will be changing to either an Evo in the bridge or a FRED or something.

And I think if i have the extra frets i'll use them, but if i dont have them no biggie.
Yeh, I like the sound of an EVO. With the 24 frets there isn't really alot you can do with them, unless your playing steve vai's crossroads piece (i forget the proper name for it) when he does them really high notes at the end, or just generally improvising. But it's up to you man, follow your heart
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Thanks dude, and I'd love the S470 but I'd also love the 2550, and its also quite a coincidence I have been learning Vai's 'Head cuttin duel'

Also My current guitar crackles everytime i play it so I'm really wanting a guitar sooner rather than later which bumps the 2550 up, and as i want it sooner I may even have to lower myself to 1570. . .