Hey,

I am tempted to buy a TS-808... however, i don't live anywhere near a music store so i can't try one out. i recently bought a keeley mod bd-2 and really enjoy it with my Fender Blues Jr.

Should i get a ts-808? how is the sound compared to the bd-2? suppose i just wanted to use my amp's natural OD and use a pedal as a boost, which would you recommend?

basically, does the bd-2 do the same as a ts-808? do i need 2 or can 1 do the job of both?
Gibson Les Paul 60's Neck
Fender Blues Junior
Boss BD-2 - Keeley Phat Mod
Vox V848 Wah
EH Small Clone
you should be fine with your modded BD-2 really unless youre unhappy with it, then you might want to look at a ts-808.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you can get plain booster pedals for a whole lot cheaper than a TS808, and that would do the same thing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i gotta nother route for you
feel like modding? probably not if you bought a keeley
butttt
if your daring you can get a TS9 for alot less
theeennn
you can mod it if you dont like the TS9

IMO

TS9/TS808 > everything else in the guitar world

ts9 over ts808 is all personal preference but SRV and john mayer use the ts808 for rhythm work and ts9 for solos
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
As a certified overdrive nut I say yes. I love having several OD's on my board, not for use at the same time but set for different tones.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
I love the 808, its very transparent
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
The BD2 should be able to be used as a boost, and a good one too.

When you mean the amps natural OD, do you mean crank the master, or pre-amp?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
dont forget about the ts-9 turbo, its got an extra knob!!!! sounds awesome with a tube amp.