Im in a guitar class in my highschool (i already know most of the things taught in it, i just thought i could play guitar for a period at school). At the end of the year we can play whatever we choose at a guitar recital. Even though its a while away i still want to practice what im going to play by that time. Its an acoustic class so i have to play something with my acoustic. I like a lot of heavy metal and dont want to play the usual Stairway To Heaven. I want something much more difficult, maybe Yngwie Malmsteen's acoustic guitar solo at his G3 performance. Any other ideas.

Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Oh yeah, i completely forgot about Opeth!
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Spanish Fly indeed. I doubt you would be able to play that or an yngwie song on acoustic if your just in highschool, unless your a master, and remember, its better to play something easier well than something hard poorly.
Yay!!!!!!!!Opeth rule...!!!!!If you can sing "Patterns in the Ivy 2",it 'll be amazing dude...Its really easy to play and there is an awesome tab in UG too,so it will be a kicker...You could lay it down perfectly in just one day...
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Van Halen - Little Guitars (boo-di-do Boo di-do, Boo di-do-do)
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Elliott Smith - Miss Misery
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

play knocking on heavens door... either GnR version or bob dylan...

im gonna do the GnR version for school too... gonna do it by myself on acoustic but im not gonna do the solo... unless i learn it...
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
Flamenco Diablo by Malmsteen; such an awesome piece of Flamenco. You could also try Yngwie's version of Bach's Air on a Six String.

Quote by klysandral

When you say some, do you actually mean just the one piece of music that this guy is famous for? Seriously, I have never seen anything else by the artist and I can;t say I'm interested. Yes, the song is beautiful, but after two minutes of the tapped harmonics, it starts to lose its touch.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jan 16, 2007,
Quote by NewYorkYankee
I say ocean, by john butler.

Im gonna have to agree with this.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by Smokey Amp
Flamenco Diablo by Malmsteen; such an awesome piece of Flamenco. You could also try Yngwie's version of Bach's Air on a Six String.

When you say some, do you actually mean just the one piece of music that this guy is famous for? Seriously, I have never seen anything else by the artist and I can;t say I'm interested. Yes, the song is beautiful, but after two minutes of the tapped harmonics, it starts to lose its touch.

I really do like that kind of flamenco style, except not that fast. Can someone recommend a guitarist that plays that style?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Little Wing -hendrix version
All along the watchtower -hendrix version
cemetery gates- pantera
Quote by HedBanger24/7
Im in a guitar class in my highschool (i already know most of the things taught in it, i just thought i could play guitar for a period at school). At the end of the year we can play whatever we choose at a guitar recital. Even though its a while away i still want to practice what im going to play by that time. Its an acoustic class so i have to play something with my acoustic. I like a lot of heavy metal and dont want to play the usual Stairway To Heaven. I want something much more difficult, maybe Yngwie Malmsteen's acoustic guitar solo at his G3 performance. Any other ideas.

Thanks.

dude play some fukn tenacious d. classico or something like that. tenacious d is kick ass.

or just play the acoustic parts from metallica songs? idk theres not too many of those, not for a recital.

never mind just fukn play tenacious d. any song, theyre all good.

p.s. nice dimebag icon. he was the fukn man.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND - Tommy emmanuel. It will be a challenge to learn any of his songs and will be mightily impressive to an audience!

Guitar Boogie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryG1RR2qtLo

The Hunt (possibly not this fast) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hrDeuc5OA

Other suggestions from him are Drivetime, Day tripper/Lady Madonna, Precious time or Classical Gas.

I also agree with "Ocean" by John Butler.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"