I'm thinking about getting this guitar, (gibson sg btw) but im not sure if this would be the best guitar for me. I've been playing guitar for a little over 2 years now. And i guess i'm pretty much ignorant when it comes to picking out the right guitar. So i need help in deciding if this guitar is actually good for me, because so far i have a crappy 100$ fender guitar....and that's just not cutting it for me lol. I would like some feedback on this guitar, like tell me all the bad stuff about it, and all the good stuff about it, that way i'll be able to decide if i like this guitar or not.
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guitarsigcopyqo0.jpg[/img]
good guitar. can't really think of anything bad...

what kind of music do you play? always a good place to start.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
umm i like a lot of like Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, you know all that stuff.
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guitarsigcopyqo0.jpg[/img]
For a few few more hundred $ you can get an epiphone elitist les paul custom. There as good as gibsons but a hell of alot cheaper. Just try every guitar you see that you like and pick the one that sounds and feels the best to you
to whoever compared an SG to a les paul, they're completely different guitars.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Last edited by tubab0y at Jan 17, 2007,
my teacher has that guitar, he seems thrilled with it. you could go look up the reviews at harmonycentral.com
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Rocketboy
For a few few more hundred $ you can get an epiphone elitist les paul custom. There as good as gibsons but a hell of alot cheaper. Just try every guitar you see that you like and pick the one that sounds and feels the best to you

for a few more hundred $ ... hell of alot cheaper?!??! what the hell is that supposed to mean??
Gibson guitars have had alot of quality control issues and many people find alot wrong with their guitars. My advice would be to try it and take someone along with you that knows all about guitars and how they are put together. If you cant find someone use your common sense when buying and you should be fine but please try one before you buy it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
just curious- what model SG is that? they make quite a few.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by Seirath
yeah angus young is definetly just starting out, and his band isnt well known at all, acdc? seriously, who knows of that band...

Does anyone understand the point trying to be made here?

Anyway, as for the SG, not quite my style, but they are good guitars. But try one beofre buying it, I can't play the things for the life of me. Way too thick.
Quote by chrispozzobon
Does anyone understand the point trying to be made here?

Anyway, as for the SG, not quite my style, but they are good guitars. But try one beofre buying it, I can't play the things for the life of me. Way too thick.

if an SG is way too thick, which guitar is thin enough for you?
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Just go to the music store and try it out and see if you like it. Don't just buy a guitar off the net without trying it out.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Quote by tubab0y
just curious- what model SG is that? they make quite a few.

Gibson SG Special Faded.
Anyway, I have the Gibson SG Special (really the same thing but with a "prettier" finish) and it's awesome. It really depends on the style of music you play though. It should do fine for what you said you like to play, it's kind of versatile I'd like to think. As other said, also check out some Epiphones - Les Pauls and whatnot. You might find a better sound to your need than out of a Gibson SG. Best thing to do would be to go and try out some guitars and see which one you like best - We don't know for you. Epiphones are made by Gibson but usually a lot cheaper - Buying a Special Faded right off the back and not considering other guitars (Epiphones if you like the Les Paul style and sound, which are also good for your music - very versatile) you're just paying for the name.
Anyhow, good luck and I hope you find what you need!^^

-Wahrheit Lied
I need a sig. :O!
You probably should get an Epiphone SG. As you have only been playing for 2 years, you really don't need a Gibson SG, and it would really be a waste of money at this stage.

It probably isn't really a great guitar for P!ATD type stuff though.