From these saga kits:
http://sagamusic.com/catalog/products.asp?CategoryID=4&FamilyID=2&BrandID=77

Will the strat style or the tele style one give me more sustain? im guessing tele because it doesnt have a trem right?
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
well, the body is basswood, so it'll have a fair amount to begin. probably tele though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i do alternative rock/ classic rock type of stuff so I think the tele would suite most right?
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Well if you like to play classic rock, then neither honestly.. The Les Paul version would be better for that style of music.. If you like to play alternative more, than the strat would probably be good.. The Tele will probably be way to bright sounding for those types of music.. Of course it really all depends on your equipment, and how you play, so in other words, get the one you like best..
whichever you get, dont buy from them, go with onlineguitar.com, wayyyy cheaper.

PRS!!! do it!
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Quote by Bones420
Well if you like to play classic rock, then neither honestly.. The Les Paul version would be better for that style of music.. If you like to play alternative more, than the strat would probably be good.. The Tele will probably be way to bright sounding for those types of music.. Of course it really all depends on your equipment, and how you play, so in other words, get the one you like best..

they're all basswood...they're not gonna be overwhelmingly different tone-wise.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
yeah well take a basswood body of any shape, put a lipstick single coil in it, and a humbucker in another, and the sound will be quite different.. And with Basswood, the tone will be even brighter than most other woods. So yes, it does make quite a difference in tone depending on what kind he gets.. So if he plays classic rock and alternative, then i seriously doubt he will get the desired tone from a tele lipstick style pickup equipped guitar.. The single coils from the strat, or the humbuckers for the PRS or LP style would fit more to the kind of music he wants to play..

So.... there...
Tele pickups aren't lipstick pickups.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Bones420
And with Basswood, the tone will be even brighter than most other woods.

basswood is known to be more on the bassy and midrangy side.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
I've built both a Strat and a Tele from Saga. I didn't use the stock pickups in either. In my opinion the Tele was a better kit. The parts in both kits are cheap. Some advice, use all new screws for everything. The screws provided either strip at the head or break. Use better tuning machines. In all not a bad way to learn how a guitar goes together.