yessss finally i have done the ultimate task. i convinced my mom to let me buy an amp and pay it off with the monthly checks i get from my father. its a miracale, because after all these years, i can finally ****ing upgrade.

anything under 800 that can be paid off on a website.
i play metal but dont let that fool you because i play alot of genres.

GO NUTS!

thanks
with the monthly checks your dad give you? What the hells that mean. Do you do chores for him every month or something?
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I would get a Marshall amp, a nice one, probably a SS, considering descent tube amps are pricey. Yah like the othe rguy said, montly checks? Does he just randomly give you money? Work for him? What?
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
everyone on UG knows marshall SS amps blow
i would never waste my money and crap like that

are ashdown amps any good for metal?
I want a Peavey Windsor... $750
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
$800 and metal.

I suggest maybe saving a little more and getting a Peavey XXX Super 40. It's maybe $850 new, but you can find it one certain websites used for $550.
if you wanna be different get a deville or a used JCM combo

devilles arent metal im fully aware they cover everything else
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
I got my Peavey XXX off eBay shipped for $500 CDN, I'm sure you could find something similar . They're great for all genre's of metal, it's just a little noisy at high volumes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Triple-XXX-Super-40-EFX-Combo-Blem_W0QQitemZ290072862377QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by TJM2482
$800 and metal.

I suggest maybe saving a little more and getting a Peavey XXX Super 40. It's maybe $850 new, but you can find it one certain websites used for $550.

that's a steal! peavey valvekings are pretty good, too.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Quote by metallicafan180
that's a steal! peavey valvekings are pretty good, too.

Yeah im probably gonna save up and an XXX myself.
With $800, amps to look at for metal:

B-52 AT series
Carvin MTS
Used Peavey's (XXX, 5150, maybe a JSX)
Ashdown

That's all I can think of at the moment, there are probably more.
he gets money from child support guys
~My Gear~
ESP EX-50 (Dimarzio Steves Special in Bridge)
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100
Boss TU-2
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Cry Baby From Hell
Squier Strat
Quote by ericgentz
I would get a Marshall amp, a nice one, probably a SS, considering descent tube amps are pricey. Yah like the othe rguy said, montly checks? Does he just randomly give you money? Work for him? What?

Dude its called divorce, his dad still has to give his kids money even if he doesn't live with his wife anymore... Child support...

And it sounds like a good idea having a monthly cheque, so yeah...
Quote by The_Clap
if you wanna be different get a deville or a used JCM combo

devilles arent metal im fully aware they cover everything else

I do metal on a DeVille and it works more then well. Believe me.

But yes, they are about $800 and they're AMAZING for everything. They can do metal with the right settings.
I would definitely check out the Peavey XXX. I just got one a few days ago, and its amazing. Itll do any metal except maybe insanely distorted stuff like Cannibal Corpse, and the cleans arent too bad either. You can get them off Musicians Friend for $850, or go to a local store and see if they have them cheaper. I got one for $650 brand new at a store.
Quote by thetoastinator
I would definitely check out the Peavey XXX. I just got one a few days ago, and its amazing. Itll do any metal except maybe insanely distorted stuff like Cannibal Corpse, and the cleans arent too bad either. You can get them off Musicians Friend for $850, or go to a local store and see if they have them cheaper. I got one for $650 brand new at a store.

How versitile is it? I can get it for around $600.

I was lookin' at it, I want something tube with good cleans, and can handle classic rock and some metal.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
I want a Peavey Windsor... $750

+1 great amp.
Quote by TJM2482
How versitile is it? I can get it for around $600.

I was lookin' at it, I want something tube with good cleans, and can handle classic rock and some metal.

Well theres 3 channels. The ultra chanel is for the crazy distorted stuff, then the crunch channel is a pretty good mild distortion channel, which could get some alright classic rock tones out of it, and then the clean channel is also alright. Its nothing like what a Fender amp would be like in the cleans department, but their good for the price I think. If you want to check out a few soundclips, click on the dmusic link in my sig, and there will be some clips of it labeled as XXX sound clip- and then whatever tone I was trying to get, and what pickups were used. And I don't know if you could get it for $600, because $650 was the lowest that they could go on that amp they said. I tried to get them to go a little lower, but they wouldn't.
Quote by thetoastinator
Well theres 3 channels. The ultra chanel is for the crazy distorted stuff, then the crunch channel is a pretty good mild distortion channel, which could get some alright classic rock tones out of it, and then the clean channel is also alright. Its nothing like what a Fender amp would be like in the cleans department, but their good for the price I think. If you want to check out a few soundclips, click on the dmusic link in my sig, and there will be some clips of it labeled as XXX sound clip- and then whatever tone I was trying to get, and what pickups were used. And I don't know if you could get it for $600, because $650 was the lowest that they could go on that amp they said. I tried to get them to go a little lower, but they wouldn't.

http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=504024

http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=489356
Where do you live?

'Cause if you live in Canada, I'd suggest try out a Traynor YCV50 Blue. Dunno 'bout gettin' em online, though.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile