Hey everyone. I always sit down and just randomly mess around on scales, but i'm having trouble. I can solo fine, but it always omes out sounding like a bluesy type solo. For some reason, no matter what amp setting, or what mindset im in, it always comes out sounding bluesy.

I always use Pentatonic, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it.
yes that is why you sound bluesy is because you are using the pentatonic scale. Try learning some different scales, that will help you achieve your different sounds.
Quote by TJM2482
Hey everyone. I always sit down and just randomly mess around on scales, but i'm having trouble. I can solo fine, but it always omes out sounding like a bluesy type solo. For some reason, no matter what amp setting, or what mindset im in, it always comes out sounding bluesy.

I always use Pentatonic, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

It does. Use modes to color your sound. If you want a really dark sounding mode try Phrygian, a lot of metal players use it. Its 1, 2b, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7b. Almost all of Metallicas solos are in that. Two really good modes that I like are Lydian 1, 2, 3, 4#, 5, 6, 7 and Mixolydian 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7b. They more major sounding though. Try them out.
Whenever I try the Major scale it always comes out sounding like classical music

Well I just got my guitar, i'll mess around a bit this week, i'll ask my teacher about other scales.

Dont get me wrong, I really like blues, but I just want to be able to play other sounds.