hey all, im gonna be making a razorback soon, but i dont even want to attempt making a neck yet, it's above my ability, anyway, i basically think that in order to make the razorback took "good" to me you have to hav ethe V headstock. i am having a very hard time finding a dean V neck, short of ebay, which i might. but i want to know if it's possible to just cut off a headstock and glue on or somehow attach, the V headstock i would make. i dont know if the string tension would be too great, any help is appreciated. thanks.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
warmoth has a blank paddle headstock, but i am not sure if it will be big enough for the dean headstock.

and IMO copying a (semi)successful guitar is not worth your time.

now, a country guitar shaped like a razorback, that would PWN.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
no the blank is not big enough. and if you were a big dime fan you would know. and it's very succesful, the mere fact that you know of it makes it succesful enough, plus it's only been around for like 2 years now. it hasn't had time for people to really play and understand them.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

hey what i would do is just stick extra wood to a paddle headstock with strong : glue then shape it but you must paint it if you glue messily
i know how big the headstock on dime's guitar is, i just don't know how big the paddle is.

but listen to above guy, that will work.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
how would being a dime fan help? i dont know the exact dimensions of the headstocks from my favourite guitarists, and i dont have paddle headstock dimensions memorized... but the gluing method would work, or scale the headstock down a bit, it is rediculously big.

"You're a MESS!"
yes i just got the plans for it today and holy **** this thing is ****ing enormous, we're talking about 27 inches long by 20 inches wide. and i was saying if you were a dime fan you would know why i want to build this guitar, not knowing the dimensions of the headstock.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul