I wanna run my php scripts on my computer instead of a website that i own. so i downloaded the latest php from php.net and installed it. when i run the program, it just gives me errors about missing DLL's, when in fact, all the dynamic libraries are in place. For example, it will say that it cant find C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\php_mbstring.dll when in fact its right there. How can I fix this?
Try putting PHP directly in C:\ as it may be that PHP won't read spaces correctly (Program Files).
Also when installing php on a windows machine, it's adviced to use the php-dist.ini instead of the regular (just rename it to php.ini).

php4ts.dll (or php5ts.dll, depending on version) should be in a path-defined directory (such as C:\%SYSTEMROOT%\system32).

And you have to make sure that your Apache (or other webserver, although Apache is recommended) settings are correct, and Apace is running.

I assume you didn't run php.exe as a standalone? Because that won't do your websites any good.
You could also try to run php as an apache mod instead of the exe.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
i downloaded wamp 5 or something like that and i was able to run php fine try that google wamp 5 or something
i installed php using the isntallation file. so i dont think there should be a problem with the directory name, because program files was default.
I may be wrong, but dont you need to run a server from your computer to test php?

I had to load up apache and install php onto it to run scripts without uploading to a remote site.
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
Quote by etherealprince
I may be wrong, but dont you need to run a server from your computer to test php?

I had to load up apache and install php onto it to run scripts without uploading to a remote site.

I'm pretty sure you're right cuz PHP has something weird in it that makes you have to run it from a server
^ yeah you need a server to run php

Setting up a computer manually to run php isn't just a matter of running the installer, it involves a lot of configuration. I recommend getting one of those easy installer packs, like mentioned here:

Quote by Don't Read This
i downloaded wamp 5 or something like that and i was able to run php fine try that google wamp 5 or something

The one i've used is called XAMPP: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/projects.html

It's basically just a bundled installer that contains Apache (server software) php 4 and 5 (you can instantly switch versions with a batch file!), mysql database software, a mail server, ftp server and a crapload of tools and plugins that can make php scripts do cool stuff like generate images, flash files or pdf files on the fly.
Works well for testing your scripts, but you plan to run it permanently you should take some security measures like setting a root password for mysql because the way it sets itself up is intended for testing, meaning security is lax.
Last edited by LKW at Jan 17, 2007,
wamp is real good. It's probably the same as xampp, the w is for windows.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers are not gay. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who is.