Ok so i have a 212 combo amp that has outputs for 8 ohm external speakers. I want to get a 412 cab for it but i have a few questions. First off will a 212 amp fit nicely on top of a slant cab or would it risk falling (should i go for slant or reg ?)?. Second when the external speakers in the cab are hooked up whil i still get sound out of the 212's in the combo amp? And finally what are the best amp casters?
EDIT: I was looking at this one because its cheap and im broke http://www.music123.com/Behringer-BG412V-Speaker-Cabinet-i156891.music my amp says 8 ohms and 60 watts per spearker but that cab says 50 watts per speaker. Will my amp be to powerfull and blow the speakers in the cab?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Jan 16, 2007,
The combo will disconnect the speakers when you've got it plugged in, so you'll only hear your cab. Also, don't put a 2x12 combo on top of a cab. Bad stuff could happen. I'd say just put it next to the cab and hook it up.
Last edited by cokeisbetter at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by cokeisbetter
The combo will disconnect the speaker's when you've got it plugged in, so you'll only hear your cab. Also, don't put a 2x12 combo on top of a cab. Bad stuff could happen. I'd say just put it next to the cab and hook it up.

All right
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
It depends on the amp, I have a crate gt212 combo and the speakers on the combo are hardwired to the amp, and then there is a external speaker jack on the front. When I plugged my cab into the amp, all 6 speakers were working. As long as you have a separate external jack it should work. You could stack the combo on top of the cab(full stacks are taller then that would be) but i would reccomend a straight front cab and make sure the feet on the combo are all on the cab steadily, and put it somewhere where its not gonna take the risk of getting bumped hard.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Quote by static86
It depends on the amp, I have a crate gt212 combo and the speakers on the combo are hardwired to the amp, and then there is a external speaker jack on the front. When I plugged my cab into the amp, all 6 speakers were working. As long as you have a separate external jack it should work. You could stack the combo on top of the cab(full stacks are taller then that would be) but i would reccomend a straight front cab and make sure the feet on the combo are all on the cab steadily, and put it somewhere where its not gonna take the risk of getting bumped hard.

Yeah, its a behringer GMX 212 and on the back it has external loudspeaker right and left outputs. The slant is slightly cheaper but i really dont want to save $50 and risk ruining my amp.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by super666fender
ncie cab. i like my behringer cab excpet i think one of my speakers is shod

So u would still reccomend it?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
yeah definitly. im not 100% my speaker is shod, (ive had my cab for over a year though) but theyre good cheap reliable cabs. ill chek it 2moro and MP u if u want. good cab though, i recommend it