Poll: Country and Folk Forum?
Poll Options
View poll results: Country and Folk Forum?
Yes
161 74%
No
56 26%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 3
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503310

So, im here to collect peoples opinions on adding a Country and Folk forum to our boards. Yes, I know that that style of music is not very popular amongst many of you, but this forum as equal opportunity for both chatting and learning on these great forms of music.

Please take a vote in the poll, and give an honest opinion. You determine wether we get one, and how well it can actually succeed.

It might be ignorant, but I hear every country music song as the same, they have that same voice thing going on. I don't mind any of the country they put on GTA:SA cause that was really emoish and laid back.
yo.

I BELIEVE
i vote that the most popular contemporary music genre gets its own thread.

HIP-HOP/RAP FTW!!!!
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
Well, I don't care. I wouldn't ever go there because I'm not big into country music, so I vote no.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by tossup

HIP-HOP/RAP FTW!!!!

+1 lol. (This is a guitar forum, btw)

Folk and Country? Why not?
I said yes. Though there will be 1 thread a day. Unless it attracts more members................
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by tossup

HIP-HOP/RAP FTW!!!!

Actually, country is the most popular genre

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
now this will be, ultimate-redneck.com , I don´t really care but what type of folk music will be discussed there?? like all folk music from all the world ???
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
i'm all for it.

i mean, i resent the whole redneck thing as much as the next guy, but i don't see why we should avoid it completely.

in addition, rock music as we know it was created with a mixture of rhythm n' blues (the old, good kind) and believe it or not, country.

so to sum it up, i'm all for it.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
I voted yes. I mean, even if you don't like that kind of music, it is selfish to punish others just out of conveinience for you.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
Quote by nashville_star
I voted yes. I mean, even if you don't like that kind of music, it is selfish to punish others just out of conveinience for you.

so, lets say im into reggae.
should there be a reggae forum as well? how about rap? latin?

they cant make a forum for every genre, i think its fine how it is.
Quote by §tratôcaster

This is ultimate GUITAR, so I would say no to rap. But Latin has some guitar, and I don't no much about reggae, but yeah, I think UG should appeal to ALL music lovers.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
no cause country sux but western, now thats a different story
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Funny how many people are voting "yes", and yet - if and when the Country & Folk Forum is made - it'll probably have very few regular posters.

The Classical Thread died a long time ago
Last edited by yawn at Jan 18, 2007,
Country and Folk, yeah.

A hip-hop/rap forum would fill up with morons going in and posting "RAP SUXORS LOLZ NOT REAL MUSIC" in every thread, sort of like the nu-metal forum, so there's no point really.

From what I can see, the organisation of the bands & artists area is pretty poor and muddled, but I guess it works in a way.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
yes defenitly, great idea.

also i read somthing like this in the site feedback forum and was wondering wher i'd see a poll up
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by MedicreDemon
I said yes. Though there will be 1 thread a day. Unless it attracts more members................

In which case it does not merit its own thread. People, you have to be clear on the distinction we need to make. It's not 'do you like country music' or whatever, it is 'would a country forum work on UG'. The answer is, I reckon, no. You can expect quite a lot of posts in most of the genre forums every day, but do you really think that a country forum would get the same level of posting? Probably not. If it would, then we would already see some evidence of this level of country-orientated posting in the Other forum. We don't.

Quote by robbie
In which case it does not merit its own thread. People, you have to be clear on the distinction we need to make. It's not 'do you like country music' or whatever, it is 'would a country forum work on UG'. The answer is, I reckon, no. You can expect quite a lot of posts in most of the genre forums every day, but do you really think that a country forum would get the same level of posting? Probably not. If it would, then we would already see some evidence of this level of country-orientated posting in the Other forum. We don't.
Ditto.

Hell, probably more people on UG like classical than country and folk, but even the classical thread has been dead for a while.
Posting this in the pit is absurd. Half of the users here don't even use the other forums and half of those don't even play guitar.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Classic country > new country, so yes there should be a country forum.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Rankles
Posting this in the pit is absurd. Half of the users here don't even use the other forums and half of them don't even play guitar.
I shudder at how true that is ><

Quote by Soul Power
...?

That makes no sense.
Quote by Soul Power

I like your reasoning there. Full of logic and intelligence .

Quote by Rankles
Posting this in the pit is absurd. Half of the users here don't even use the other forums and half of them don't even play guitar.

I agree, I'd say 70+% of the users on UG are just PIT Monkeys, The other 30 are spread thin through Tab Talk, B&A, Etc. I'm going to say I dont support yet another subforum dedicated to Country, b/c you would only have a handful of users that would post there. If you REALLY want to post in a Country or Folk Forum then go to a Country or Folk website.
Quote by robbie
I like your reasoning there. Full of logic and intelligence .

It was sarcasm, son.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
It was sarcasm, son.

Ok, well it wasn't very good and didn't make a whole load of sense, but whatever. There still isn't enough demand for any other sub-fora really. Classical, country, rap, reggae, latin, German drinking songs, etc., etc., none of them have a large enough following to warrent or make use of their own sub-forum.

Quote by Rankles

I only posted it here because this forum, sadly enough, gets the most posters and viewers. Where would you suggest I have posted it? Bands and Artists?

Your all probably very right about it not working, and the overall need doesnt call for one, but I think a try is still worth a shot personally.
Yes Nate, I agree with you, there should be a Country and Folk Forum but you know my uncertainties (as outlined in the Feedback Forum). I'll vote yes because I want one too.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'd have thought country is quite big actually.. I mean, it's very hard to find lessons and advice on it. There's the obvious like chicken pickin' and stuff, but.. writing slow country songs. Y'know, the typical 'Man loved a woman, has been scorned and is writing an agonising song about it'-type. I'd love to write that, lol. I just have no basis on how to do it.

Every time I do, it turns out all metal. Don't ask me how.

So yeah, I reckon it'd do good.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
What's the skin off my back?

Yes.
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
Deffo'
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
I'd love it. I'm a big country fan, and as I learn to play the guitar, it would be nice to be involved in the country aspects of it.
Quote by §tratôcaster

You can post about reggae in Punk & Ska.
^ Get out.

The reason you struggle to find lessons and articles on country is not because we don;t have a forum for it, it;s because there isn't a following for it here. Folk maybe more so, but there are no country threads being made at the moment, so why would there be in the forum?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Page 1 of 3