Im looking to buying a Epi Les Paul Standard Plain Top and I want to swap the pickups. Which would be best to get a Dave Mustaine, Dimebag, Zakk Wylde, and Slash sound out of these three.

1) EMG 81/85

2) Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Neck/Bridge

3) Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Neck/Bridge

I use little 20 watt solid state amp but looking to get a Traynor Blue.
Try the pickups that come with it before looking at switching them. Zakk and Slash both have that classic les paul humbucking sound.
I would avoid the EMG actives, I belive you'd have to find somewhere to put the battery, which might require some routing.

I belive Dave uses a JB/Jazz Seymour Duncan set sometimes.
well you got all their signature pickups listed cept for dimebags. he used bill lawrence x-500l pickups i believe. out of those listed i think the alcino pros are the best and most versatile. maybe you could look into some swineshead pickups, or if you have the money, bare knuckle. i think the emgs might be tough to install in your guitar since ull need the 9v battery compartment and all. another option would be to get a bill lawrence bridge and an alcino ii pro neck so you get more versatility. the alcino has pretty good cleans while the lawrence is pretty heavy.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I'd get something versatile based on what it'll sound like, rather than whoever put their name to it....

Dimarzio Norton for the bridge, with a Breed in the neck....or a Seymour Duncan Custom/59 pair. Unless you can stretch to Bare Knuckles, in which case get something of theirs!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TJM2482
I would avoid the EMG actives, I belive you'd have to find somewhere to put the battery, which might require some routing.

I belive Dave uses a JB/Jazz Seymour Duncan set sometimes.

this is NOT a problem at all.. the battery fits inside where the pots are.. easy to change to EMG's too. and they sound good for distortion. ok for cleans.
1975 Ibanez Les Paul Custom with EMG 81\85 pups
Ibanez RG 470
Fender DG-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Marshall MS2
Marshall JH-1 dist pedal