Do u think that adding distortion (punkish/grungy) to a slight overdriven sound might give me a good heavy distortion? I have a digitech df7 that i can set to the dod 250 and add my digitech grunge distortion to it. Think it might work or have tried something similar before?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i stack my metal muff onto my tube amps distortion a lot, but it usually doesnt work very well with pedals, plus those Digitech digital distortion like the distortion factory seem to completely take over your tone (i have a metal master and it does the same thing, great for when i have to use a guitar with single coils as a backup) so i dont know how well it would work, youll have to experiment with Eqing and all that to see if you can get some useable sounds.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
just set the onboard distortion on your amp, then add you pedal. Just use a noise gate. I did it way back with a digitech rp50 and it gave me a heavy ass sound. Zakk wylde is known for doing it, nd its not too shabby.
well, thanks i guess. the thing is that i play clean parts in my band, so i can't use the onboard distortion.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.