So some dumb a$$ cop pulled me over today and gave me , not 1, but 2 traffic tickets.

1. illegal left turn

2. insureance expired jan 01, 2006 ( I do have a unexpired insurance slip but it was at home) that was my dumb a$$ fault.

I was going to take it to court and blame the snowey weather. do you think it would work??

what happens when the cop does'nt show up on court day?
umm, you blame the fact that you turned illegally and the fact that you can't keep track of some simple insurance forms both on the weather.

i say go for it.
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
Speaking of cops, I heard a black guy on the bus say "po po" once. 'Twas funny.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
my buddy got pulled over for 67 in a 25...cop gave him 59 in a 25 instead....he was proud of it for some stupid ass reason....

and i went to band practice today...it's at my drummer's house...and on the counter were like 5 tickets...all for his dad..for reckless driving and unsafe lane changing and shit..
Quote by tossup
umm, you blame the fact that you turned illegally and the fact that you can't keep track of some simple insurance forms both on the weather.

i say go for it.

sorry

illegal left turn - I didnt go into the left lane instead speed around slow poke and went into the middle lane.

thats what im going to blame the snow / ice on road in the left lane.
Bad boys, whatcha want, whatcha want,
Whatcha gonna do when sherrif John Brown come for you.
Tell me, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do? Yeahhh?

Bad boys bad boys
Watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
when they come for you
Bad boys, bad boys
Watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do
when they come for you

When you were eight
And you had bad traits
You go to school and you learn the golden rule
So why are you acting like a bloody fool
If you get hot you must get cool

Bad boys bad boys
Watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
when they come for you
Bad boys, bad boys
Watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do
when they come for you

but anyway if you did something wrong,pay the fine dumbass
Or go to court, lose, and lose MORE points and pay MORE money?

Sure.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Quote by justinp93
Or go to court, lose, and lose MORE points and pay MORE money?

Sure.

no it can be either lesser charge (no points lost) or cop doesnt show up on court date and thrown out of court ( no payments, no points taken off )
From what I've heard, if you bother to go to court you will at the very least not lose the points. That alone helps with insurance, doesn't it?

Also, there's a pretty good chance the cop just won't show up to court. Unless he looked poor. Then he probably needs the overtime.
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
From what I've heard, if you bother to go to court you will at the very least not lose the points. That alone helps with insurance, doesn't it?

Also, there's a pretty good chance the cop just won't show up to court. Unless he looked poor. Then he probably needs the overtime.

he looked like he was going to retire tomorrow and just had to make everyones life hell
How dare he do his job, you slacker. You should take his ass to court to see if you get fined for wasting the courts time.
Lets all dis cops for doing their job. **** them and their need to keep wreckless drivers off the road.
Quote by Soviet_Wanker
Lets all dis cops for doing their job. **** them and their need to keep wreckless drivers off the road.

Ya but when there is problems such as:

drugs
guns
drugs+guns
violence

lets pull over a car.

no this guy was targeting certain cars such as a corvette, mine with tinted windows a suped up neon.
If a cop doesn't show up to court, you can have your tickets revoked as long as you make your case. If he shows up, it's his word against yours. In this particular case though, I can only imagine having your illegal left turn ticket revoked, as there's almost no way in hell that you'd be able to get your other ticket overturned.

Regardless, I think you going to court over some tickets that some "dumb a$$ cop" gave you, with good reason, is rather stupid. As you said yourself, it was your own "dumb a$$ fault" that you got them (yes, making an illegal left turn IS your fault).

Play with fire and you get burned.
Quote by bullykai

drugs
guns
drugs+guns
violence

lets pull over a car.

no this guy was targeting certain cars such as a corvette, mine with tinted windows a suped up neon.

Yeah who cares if pedestrians die as long as the prisons are full!
Quote by bullykai
this guy was targeting certain cars such as a corvette, mine with tinted windows a suped up neon.

maybe you should just stop being a over-assuming wanker

and btw are you black?
Bah, I hate getting tickets. Twice I've had to go to court. The second time I actually had to pay the fine
Quote by JimFear86
If a cop doesn't show up to court, you can have your tickets revoked as long as you make your case. If he shows up, it's his word against yours. In this particular case though, I can only imagine having your illegal left turn ticket revoked, as there's almost no way in hell that you'd be able to get your other ticket overturned.

Regardless, I think you going to court over some tickets that some "dumb a$$ cop" gave you, with good reason, is rather stupid. As you said yourself, it was your own "dumb a$$ fault" that you got them (yes, making an illegal left turn IS your fault).

Play with fire and you get burned.

no, your completely right..( i am a dumbass.....but I dont wanna loose any points.
other ticket im ok cause he said that if i show proof of unexpired policy they will revoke ticket
Quote by bullykai

drugs
guns
drugs+guns
violence

lets pull over a car.

You were targetted because you made an illegal left turn, not because your car has tinted windows. If you didn't make an illegal left turn, argue your case in court. Just remember that if he shows up it's his word against yours, and his word counts in a court of law.
You were breaking the law and the Cop is a Dumba$$. Hmmm lets think about this. Shame on him for doing his job. Tell you what, trade with him for a day and you'll rethink your attitude.
Quote by fireman464
You were breaking the law and the Cop is a Dumba$$. Hmmm lets think about this. Shame on him for doing his job. Tell you what, trade with him for a day and you'll rethink your attitude.

I dont think so
Why go to court for? The tickets he gave you were both justified. You were in the wrong TWICE, so why argue it?
Quote by Horvat
Why go to court for? The tickets he gave you were both justified. You were in the wrong TWICE, so why argue it?

Ok cause we have a certain number of points on our lisence. I dont wanna loose any. cause tat means you will have to watch a movie for a day.

also loosing points means you have to pay higher premiums and im already paying 3000.00 per year.

also it goes on your driving record for 3 years
Quote by captainjackass
Flat out deny it. ask if the cop can prove it and say he just needs to fill his qouta. hes being racist against (insert your race, age or gender here)

In case you didn't know, the majority of a police officers average work day is spent filling out paper work. They are required to record and document every ticket that they issue, along with a slew of other things. Do you know why? In case they are summoned to a court for reasons much like the TC's, where someone wants to try and have their tickets revoked.
Try this go to court. If your jurisdiction allows, plead nolo contendere, or no contest, on the illegal turn and bring the up to date insurance info and show it to the judge. Maybe he/she will give you probation. But really, you should think twice about calling the Cop a dumba$$.
Uhh, how is he a dumbass? Your the dumbass that made the illegal turn and didnt have your insurence slip.

And if he doesnt show up, you wont have to pay.
My dad's a cop and my uncle's a cop. I always get out of traffic tickets.

"You know you were going 80 in a 30 zone, son?"

"I believe you know my father."

"Fuckin A, you can go."

Works every time. It pays to be a bitch to the man.
Quote by bullykai
Ok cause we have a certain number of points on our lisence. I dont wanna loose any. cause tat means you will have to watch a movie for a day.

also loosing points means you have to pay higher premiums and im already paying 3000.00 per year.

also it goes on your driving record for 3 years

Perhaps you should have thought of that before speeding around the slow pokes in the left-turn lane.

Honestly, were you so impatient that you couldn't wait an extra ten seconds for them to clear?

-Jacques
Quote by bigwillie
My dad's a cop and my uncle's a cop. I always get out of traffic tickets.

"You know you were going 80 in a 30 zone, son?"

"I believe you know my father."

"Fuckin A, you can go."

Works every time. It pays to be a bitch to the man.

But 80 in a 30....not cool.
yo.

I BELIEVE
being someone who deals with police officers on a daily basis, you really shouldn't be such an idiot to instantly label a guy for upholding the law. The shit that these guys have to deal with with such little pay? I admit, there are some cops who go on power trips but for the most part, if you didn't do anything wrong, they aren't going to get you. I have never had any trouble with the law and do you see me complaining? No. Stop being a dick about it and admit that you were in the wrong. As for appearing in court, if it is nothing TOO tragic, you may have the ticket and the fines revoked. The simple fact that you are trying to do something about it to prove that you were in the right is sometimes enough to just give you a warning or lesser charge but then again, you even admitted what you did was wrong so it doesn't seem like you have much of a case