For my English class we have to write a persuasive essay. I picked censorship and am against it. Other people's views are very much welcome.
What's up?
If there was no censorship then swears would be allowed on TV and kids would just hear them and see a bunch of things (not naming any) they shoudln't. Wouldn't they? If you have a 5 year old kid do you want him going to kindergarten calling his friends twats?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I agree that there needs to be a happy medium..
stay focused on the arts and music. It will be much easier that way.
Quote by DunlopGuy
I...don't...get...this...thre (brain explodes)

Quote by glib homunculus
I make love to cheesecake.

Well it is his parents duty to supervise what he watches not the networks. Also I don't think nickelodeon is going to start calling people twats anytime soon whether or not there is censorship.
What's up?
Yeah, I gotta say, parents should excercise more control over little children. I guarrantee you I already knew the majority of the really bad swears by kindergarten, from my parents of course.
I have the Steve Vai 30 Hour Workout. If you want it, pm me with your email address.
6 person(s) served.
Quote by yawn
Bleh, what a generic essay topic...

Thanks for your input. Should I just limit it to TV and radio censorship or leave it open to gay rights and showing heritage/ religion?
What's up?
i see with a name of HP Lovecraft i see where your coming from.. but seriously.. censorship is necessary.. there are things in the media that kids should not hear or see... you should qualify your position.. are you totally against all any kind of censorship or just a form of it.. i think you should answer this question first just to make your position more clear
Your topic is waaay too broad. Choose a more specific topic. Say, censorship in music; then you can talk about parental advisory labels on albums, how some stuff is banned from the radio... Like Link Wray's "Rumble", the first instrumental banned for inciting deliquency...
Quote by HPLoveCraft
For my English class we have to write a persuasive essay. I picked censorship and am against it. Other people's views are very much welcome.

I had that same topic for that same sort of essay. Except I had to give a speech, so it was harder for me.

Think outside the box on this one. When people say censorship, they think music and television. That's lame and over-argued.

Think about how your censored inside school. I'm sure you can find a school rulebook. Look up dress codes. That's technically censorship.

Stuff like that will make it more interesting.
Spiral Out
Quote by guitarer
i see with a name of HP Lovecraft i see where your coming from.. but seriously.. censorship is necessary.. there are things in the media that kids should not hear or see... you should qualify your position.. are you totally against all any kind of censorship or just a form of it.. i think you should answer this question first just to make your position more clear
Yup.
Try to cite Frank Zappa. He was quite heavily into anti-censorship. i did a state writing exam on who you'd have speak at your school, and picked The Nuge.
**** Censorship.

EDIT : DAMMIT!!!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Ok I'm going to do it on every kind of censorship since it's a rough draft. And yes I'm against all kinds of censorship. Gay rights, religious symbols, or womens rights also come to my mind when I think of censorship.
What's up?
Quote by MedicreDemon
If there was no censorship then swears would be allowed on TV and kids would just hear them and see a bunch of things (not naming any) they shoudln't. Wouldn't they? If you have a 5 year old kid do you want him going to kindergarten calling his friends twats?

Nowadays they do regardless...
It's the kids that have never played a sega genesis or n64 that are the damn problem...
i agree on a happy medium.

at least when somone says asshole it bleeps out the "hole" and not "ass"...:S
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by HPLoveCraft

hey, me too. but i didn't choose censorship.
If you have a 5 year old kid do you want him going to kindergarten calling his friends twats?

i've seen 5 year olds who say worse stuff than that
walking through the kindergarten area of our school, the little kids insult anyone!
i got called a fat fat cow turkey before..
and my friend got asked if he was gay.. to which he responded "why? are you interested"
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
c*nsor your entire essay like th*s $@#%. Th*n maybe those F$#@ers will re*lize how ann*ying c*nsorship is. there are plenty of bad things you can say, but nothing is worse than not letting you say them.