Hey guys a song that i posted the lyrics for on the S & L forum and got rave reviews for it i thought i'd record

I was wondering what you think, i've been told the start is really bad and i was just wondering what everyone thought, it goes for 6 minutes, sorry it's so long i got a bit carried away :p

Thanks

Here's To Letting Go

C4C
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
i'm gonna criticize it so don't be offended in any way.. i think its ****in boring.. it drags and theres nothing special about the song.. just my thought
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Yes the lyrics were very good as I said before. The beginning is obviously rough but I see what you were trying to do...and it would be good if you just smoothed out the guitar playing. I think what this needs is backup vocals. For example like when you say "so heres to letting go" you are trying to get it out too fast and it makes it sound plain and rushed. if you recorded it on a different track you wouldn't have to rush to go into the chorus. Did you record it all on one track? I'm guessing because the vocals aren't exactly loud. I like the chords you are using and I think the chorus is actually really catchy. With a band this would be awesome, I love the style I think it just gets a little old after a while with just guitar and no backup vocals. Also when you start doing the "i haven't been myself" part it sounds awesome. I really like this, its catchy and the vocals sound pretty good.

since you didn't exactly return the crit in the songwriting forum i shall give you a chance to redeem yourself.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504164
didn't i? sorry man, i'll get to it in a sec (right now i have to go to the hospital)

As for the band thing, it's what i'm working on at the moment, i've got a rock version going through my head at the moment that will come to fruition soon, i've got the song down to about 3ish minutes on the rock version which i reckon is better

I did record it all in one track, but when i get the chance I'll go through and do it all properly and post it up again, this was just a rough one to see what people thought

Thanks and ill crit yours ASAP
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Ok. I feel as if your not even really singing this song. The tough part of making an original song is combining the lyrics with the riff you have. Now, thats easy, if you dont sing the song as well as you could instead you go more monotone. I also think you should give some harmonics a try on this, just make another track and add some stuff to it. SOmething you should try? Take a piece you know well or like just have a basis of a song, a central idea. Play the riff your liking and just when your ready just start singing dont have SET lyrics but just let out whatever comes out. You may find that what comes out flows better, and will be less monotone.