Ok i am looking at either getting a Schecter C1 artist or a ESP 400 series. Ok the Schecter comes loaded w/ duncan JB/59 while the ESP comes w/ emgs. If i was to get a ESP i don't want a floyd rose and the schecter comes w/ string thru design. The reason im considering the C1 is because it comes w/ a wireless system but also duncans and im more into EMG's so help me out. I play alot of Death Metal, Gindcore ect.
Get the C-1 Hellraiser. It comes with EMG's.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Go for the ESP, if that is what you like more. Don't get a Schecter because it comes with a wireless system (unless you like it more).
for death metal and grindcore i would go with the esp just because of the EMGs in my opinion.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
how bout a c1 classic with emgs? WAIT, I HAVE THAT!! (400 series esp is pretty bad, but on a whole esp's are better)
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
if thats your pricerange get a KH model from esp.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
bro, i play a lot of death metal, and i run a schecter damien. the emg's and floyd are great and i know there are on the c-1 as well. not to nock esp's at all, they are great guitars. but my preference for the heavy shit definately lies in schecter.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
It seems like alot of people here like the schecter for death metal?

Well, the ec-400's aren't bad guitars at all (you up there are entitiled to your opinion).

Check em' out man
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Don't get the Schecter just because of the Floyd Rose. Tremolo is over-rated anyway. I took the wang bar out of my strat and stuck a screw down the hole. (Sounds wrong). I have never missed my trem.

The ESP sounds pretty good. Read reviews on harmony-central, and play 'em, and get the one you like best.

Peace,
Tim
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
ESP and Schecter are run by teh same person.......or something like that.....but overall i think ESP > Schecter in quality
GEAR

Guitars:
IbanezRG350DX
Slammer Pacer

Amps:
Laney TFX1

Effects:
Zoom G7.1ut
Digitech Death Metal
umm i work in a guitar store... and in my personal opinion the C-1 plays better and sounds better for some reason.. but just play them both and see which one you like more
Quote by Under_The_Oath
Don't get the Schecter just because of the Floyd Rose. Tremolo is over-rated anyway. I took the wang bar out of my strat and stuck a screw down the hole. (Sounds wrong). I have never missed my trem.

The ESP sounds pretty good. Read reviews on harmony-central, and play 'em, and get the one you like best.

Peace,
Tim

Im avoiding floyds though the schecter artist does'nt have a floyd and the esp i would get would probably be a hard tail
I never played a Schecter in my life, then I got a letter in the mail from Spin Magazine that I won
a Schecter Tempest Limited Edition (one of five) it was SPin MAgazine'a 20th anniversery so the finish is Black with Spin 20 in the finish. That guitar is amazing, has a coil tap, I would look at Schecter guitars if I planned to buy another, very versatile guitar, mellow to metal and I am not a young fellow! I really like the Ultra Cure III as well as the C-1, S-1 and the Shecter 30th Anniiversery guitars are beautiful. Check online for a place called Drum City (type it in a search engine) they are the largest Schecter dealer in the US and have a lot of models not on Schecters website and even one off's. Plus used gear as well (and not just Schecter) P.S. Enter those Guitar
Contests!
right you dont need emgs to play metal... michael ammot from arch enemy uses jb / 59 and so does mark morton from lamb of god. and also schecetrs are just damn fine guitars.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by frontman54
Go for the ESP, if that is what you like more. Don't get a Schecter because it comes with a wireless system (unless you like it more).

Do u actually know what your on about?
What is your price range? Check out the C-1 Hellraiser from Schecter or the EX-400, MH-400NT, EC-400, H-400 or AX-400. All are damn nice guitars and can definitely get you that metal sound.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by Andras5soul
how bout a c1 classic with emgs? WAIT, I HAVE THAT!! (400 series esp is pretty bad, but on a whole esp's are better)

400 series are pretty bad? u ever even played one of these? the 400 series guitars are AMAZING... i would go with the esp all the way

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Shittone i mean silvertone revolver
Cube 60

Originally Posted by sendmeapick
you pick squires over gibsons?

thats like michael jackson over jessica alba