Page 1 of 7
do u ever think there will be a band as big, or bigger like the beatles were, ever, in an infinite universe? give reasons.
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by musicianamedave
No.

"BANG" thread gone!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Fo' sho.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
depends on what you mean by "bigger" i think Michael Jackson has sold more records and is just about as popular. or he was at least.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
depends on what you mean by "bigger" i think Michael Jackson has sold more records and is just about as popular.

the beatles were around like what, about 11 years. jacko has been here forever,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
depends on what you mean by "bigger" i think Michael Jackson has sold more records and is just about as popular.

beatles were deffinaly bigger than micheal jackson. im including beatlemania and everything.
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by DownbëloW
the beatles were around like what, about 11 years. jacko has been here forever,

but the beatles made a major inpact very quickly. micheal was semi famous in his youth
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by bobbob1299
beatles were deffinaly bigger than micheal jackson. im including beatlemania and everything.

i dunno man MJ was fucking huge in the 80s and thorugh till like the early 90s.

Last.fm
The populus is much to defiant for a band to get that big again. As soon as said band gets half as popular as the Beatles were they will loose all their underground fans, and when they change to reflect the time period like The Beatles did they will be accused of selling out and lose even more fans.

It's impossible because people are stupid.
Quote by bobbob1299
but the beatles made a major inpact very quickly. micheal was semi famous in his youth

i know, i was defending the beatles. saying in 11 years, they beat jacko's whole career.
The Rolling Stones? Possibly?
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
well the beatles were huge for an extremely long period of time. there have been artists that have been bigger worldwide, but their fame doesn't progressively keep getting larger as time goes on.

the beatles, continue even today, to expand their fame.

without a doubt, the beatles are the most influential music artists probably.. ever. so although they might have no exceeded the 'fame' say michael jackson, U2, ABBA did, their influence is what keeps the name the beatles something that will go down in the history books.
oh im not trying to bring down the beatles, they where definately more influential and never had a major PR crash on the scope of jacksons but im just saying when you mean "big" it depends on how you look at it.

Last.fm
musical, politcal, and complete social revolutions the beatles started: 1
any of the above from mj: 0

but moving on...

dude its just as simple as coming up with an even more original view and understanding of music like the beatles had. however, you can never reinvent the wheel, no matter how many ppl u send to the moon

(did that make any sense?)
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

but moving on...

dude its just as simple as coming up with an even more original view and understanding of music like the beatles had. however, you can never reinvent the wheel, no matter how many ppl u send to the moon

yea i totally get what ur saying. but theres still this other factor, im saying ever. before the beatles came out, noone could have predicted how huge they became.
you never know whats might come ahead in the future in music. b/c its always changing.
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

but moving on...

What political revolution did the Beatles start?
MG Free At Last
If you look at it, it seems the most important musical and artistic creations came at the beginning of an era. Bach was the definer of much of classical music, Beethoven for the Romantic Period, Louis Armstrong defined much of Jazz, The Bird for Bop, Robert Johnson for the Blues, The Beatles for Rock and Roll, Led Zed for Hard Rock, (The stones contemporaneous with both), Michael for modern R&B. I think it's indicative that the most important and "biggest" bands are at the start. So, unless music radically alters again, I'll say no.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

but moving on...

you mean besides help making possible for black artists to get on MTV and almost completely reinventing pop music? and i cant think of any major political revolutions that the beatles stared, harrison and lennon where both political activists but that was mostly in the 70s after the beatles broke up, and they hardly started a major revolution. like i said im not trying to downplay the beatles contributions to music at all, but there where other people who have contributeed at the same level.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i dunno man MJ was fucking huge in the 80s and thorugh till like the early 90s.

The Beatles were ****ING HUGE in the 60's, 70's and have sold more albums than any other band in history. I have heard that in the UK Arctic Monkeys have sold the most since The Beatles but by no means have outsold them, and thats just in the UK.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
The Beatles have got nothing on Lamb Of God

Exept for maybe the fact that The Beatles sounds like actual music.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Exept for maybe the fact that The Beatles sounds like actual music.

Fail
Gooby Pls.
Last edited by MaAal_MaAan at Jan 18, 2007,
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
wow, that's great. coming from someone who listens 2 Pink Floyd

pink floyd sounds more like music than what ever band u said up there...

beatles was an awesome band.
i wanted to see them live, but unfortunately i missed them by couple decades.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Blah! not a big fan of the Beatles or Pink Floyd
Gooby Pls.
Last edited by MaAal_MaAan at Jan 18, 2007,
I don't think there will ever be a band that big again. Everything they did was special.. all their singles were events, all their albums were revolutionary. They were as consistent as a band can be. What I'm trying to say is that at that time conditions were right to create a band that everybody loved and cared about- now that there is so much music to choose from, and also due to record companies' which at least in my opinion have gradually decreased the quality of music in general, that a band where people are unified in opinion is GOOD will probably not appear or achieve anywhere near the beatles level of success.
Quote by zeroconsequence
Still the beatles had nothing on "the King"!!! Can I get an AMEN brothers?

Lol thankyou, thankyou very much.

You get a half hearted amen cause I like 'the King' and the Beatles just as much
Fender Stratocaster x 2
Ibanez JS1000BTB
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Epiphone Flying V
'Texas' Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore Jazz
Fender strat copies x 3
Aria Pro II
Classical guitars x 2
Aria steel string acoustic

Marshall, Crate, Fender amps
Quote by The_Cory
The Monkees.

I lol'd. For what reason? I do not know
Quote by teenrocker
The Rolling Stones? Possibly?

No they weren't nearly as big or significant. They were labeled the ant-beatles, after all.
Album sales =/= fame. The Beatles are more famous than anyone else, even if they don't have the album sales of some others.

Edit - And upon some research, it appears that they're the highest-selling act of all time, when total sales are taken.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Jan 17, 2007,