Hi all,

Me and a couple of friends have found a place to jam. We have me guitar, a bassist and a drummer for now. My question is oviously drummer goes in middle. Where is it best to put our amps in relation to us. Behind us, the side of us for eg, if you know what i mean.
In a practice environment it is best to put eveything out of the way. Use the space you have and try and distance yourself from the rest of the band. Your amps should be pointed towards you so you can hear yourself but also positioned so the drummer can hear them as well. Just try a couple times until you get a setup where everyone can hear everyone. Dig it.
the wya may bnad sets up is we take a corner or side of hte room and set up against the wall, and have ourselves all facing the middle, that we all the amps are shooting in the middle, and the drummer can hear everything, then we have our vocal monitors from behind our drummer coming towards the rest of the guys, it works well, and we get to look at eachother when we play, so we can jam, and communicate when we play,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I've got a similar question, only difference is for on stage. We have a lead guitarist doing back up, rythm guitarist doing lead singing, and sometimes no guitar, me on bass and back up vocals, and a sometimes guitarist/sometimes keyboardist, w/ no vocals doing weird effects and rythm guitar when singer is just singing.
Ok, this is the usual set up for bands

-DRUMS-
GUITAR AMP                     BASS AMP

The amps are usually placed in front to the sides of the drummer.
Obviously for amateurs like us, it would cause a huge problem: The drummer can't hear anything.

That's why we have monitors, and it's the drummer that usually gets the most and the loudest.
In my old band during practice we had the drummer in the back, bass amp and both guitar amps faceing the drums from the walls in the basement. Not a huge distance away from the drums, just enough for space. It sounded okay.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by irishblade89
I've got a similar question, only difference is for on stage. We have a lead guitarist doing back up, rythm guitarist doing lead singing, and sometimes no guitar, me on bass and back up vocals, and a sometimes guitarist/sometimes keyboardist, w/ no vocals doing weird effects and rythm guitar when singer is just singing.

Start your own thread, piggybacking is no.

EDIT: Also you're not allowed to bump.