i just got my comp back from a computer repair shop because of weird problems w/ it not turning on, but i think they were doing something else to my computer. but that's besides the point. every time i click the start button or the tab for the quick launch or anything like that, it makes a tick sound. how do i stop this sound?
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Quote by Fukd
Turn the tick sound off.

Best advice I can give too.

To do this, throw your speakers accross the room.

pepsi

EDIT: damnit i a loser
lol i wear headphones. nice try lol.

[edit] so no one knows?
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Would you describe it more as a beep, because if it is that, then it is just the bios beep sound to indicate normal operation and bootup of the OS. I wouldn't disable it even if you could...and based on my hourly wages you now owe me your explorer. I'll pm my mailing address.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
no it isnt that bios beep sound. it sounds like a little click sound like plastic being snapped or something. lol how i said it sounds really bad ahahaha.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
lol...okay you win...

really tho...it's annoying the crap outta me.

and technically...since both you and me posted after your first post...even tho that would make me a loser, wouldnt that make you a loser as well? lol.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
When you say, "anything like that," do you mean, whenever you click on an icon it makes a "click" sound?
Go to control panel> Sounds and audio devices> Sounds tab and try messin around with those. To shut one off click the pulldown and go to the top where it says (None)
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
MX Magnum

Amp: Peavey Audition 20

Peace Out, and Rock On
Quote by thepagesaretorn
lol...okay you win...

really tho...it's annoying the crap outta me.

and technically...since both you and me posted after your first post...even tho that would make me a loser, wouldnt that make you a loser as well? lol.

If you want to get technical then yes...i am a loser aswell.
Quote by jon666arrg
Go to control panel> Sounds and audio devices> Sounds tab and try messin around with those. To shut one off click the pulldown and go to the top where it says (None)
Listen to this guy, that's exactly what you need to do.

However... I'm not actually sure which one you'd have to change is... looking at it I couldn't see anything that sounded like it, besides "Select". I tried that and it didn't make any sounds... so...

I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Scourge
Listen to this guy, that's exactly what you need to do.

However... I'm not actually sure which one you'd have to change is... looking at it I couldn't see anything that sounded like it, besides "Select". I tried that and it didn't make any sounds... so...

Oh... god... the only reason that i clicked on this thread is because i saw 'computer help' and that you had the last post in it :P