I am looking for get a c-1/c-7 but when you listen to bands that use it..Alien Ant Farm, old Papa Roach, 36 Crazyfists etc their sound is pretty saturated and not very beefy ala Les Paul/SG.

I know it depends on their rig, but Is this the case with Schecters?. I dont want to spend £1k on a Les Paul.
KLK1,we dont wanna spam the whole EG forum do we?And dont call him Gandhi

Anyway,what kinda music do you like and wanna copy ?I dont really understand from your statement above.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
the SD pickups are the most common versatile sets you'd fine in guitars of most brands so there's nothing to worry about , you'll be able to do pretty much everything from metal to jazz and blues with the right settings and setup
Quote by abhimanyu
i'm sorry, i didn't realise having your own thread meant so much to you...

'dont spam' or ill tell Vishnu not to reincarnate your ass
It's the pickups - the bridge bucker, JB4, has alot of treble. From personal experience, it's very difficult to get a thick, clear, meaty sound from it. That pickup seems most at home with more modern tones - those with say a rectifier.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Klk1
HEY GET YOUR OWN THREAD GANDI

I would help you, but I refuse to help a racist. Get off my internet. abhimanyu, I hope you don't take offence to what this cretin has said.

Klk1, you've just been reported. Enjoy being banned.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Jan 17, 2007,
Thanks a lot for the tips. I'm not going to be able to try the guitar before I buy it, so I can use all the info about this axe as I can get. Cheers!
the '59 neck bucker has a very nice full, clear sound. It doesn't distort too well (sorta mutes a few harmonics near and after the 12th fret) but it sounds great in the high end and clean.

Since in most models the two pickups are coil-split, you can play them as single coil. They have the same tonal characteristics as when they're bucked, but add a twang and a cut some output.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer