Can you guys please rate this song, i am so critical of my self i cant tell if i have any talent whatsoever? I know its pitchy in places.

http://www.myspace.com/lifeonheadphones

any comments would be awesome!!!

CMON guys be honest i dont care if u rip into me if you hate it.

Thanks

P.S.

I did write this song, music and lyrics.
Last edited by chubbs_CFH at Jan 17, 2007,
Not as bad as you make out, but you might want to consider getting another singer. Decent song though.
well well well your voice is............good. i wish i had a good one. this song is really cool. could you please tell me which accords you used? in other words: tabs.

good job man. really. thats the truth.

wanna crit mine? Please?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504544

chords are really easy, 022000, 332000, 355000, 554000 for the verses and 022000, 332000 for the chorus, and at the very end i just messed around a little bit. sorry dont know names of the chords. LOL

oh yeah tuned down 1/2 step (eb,ab,db,gb,bb,eb) and capo 4th fret.
thats not bad dude, just keep practising. did you play and sing vocals at the same time?
I thought it was pretty good. If you get singing lessons or something (if you're not already), you will be A LOT better.
You did a very nice job, you should add a kick ass chorus with drums bass and elec guitar ect. Your voice is good keep practicing and it will improve even more, it's much better than mine don't be afraid to sing alloud infront of people for practice.
you dont have bad voice but you might wanna consider some vocal lessons if your really serious about singing
it sorta sounds like a smashing pumkins type voice. good!
Fender Strat Roland Ready Edition
Martin D-16GT Acoustic
Fender Cyber Twin Amp
Marshall G50R CD Amp
My Myspace Music
Quote by Chadzilla
it sorta sounds like a smashing pumkins type voice. good!

Well put. The tortured but not hateful soul. If it's that important to you, some coaching will help. If not, here's a couple suggestions...

Get a 4-track recorder. You can play the guitar part, and add in the vocals later. During this recording, you seem to be mostly concentrating on the timing of your voice with the beat, instead of the pitch and putting feeling behind the words.

Also, sing from your gut. Your stomach muscles should be flexed while you sing. Right now, you are singing through your nose, which makes it sound whiny.

Keep it up, chubbs.
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Jan 18, 2007,
i liked it.it wasn't amasing but it has potential.keep working at it.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by ZigZag0420
Well put. The tortured but not hateful soul. If it's that important to you, some coaching will help. If not, here's a couple suggestions...

Get a 4-track recorder. You can play the guitar part, and add in the vocals later. During this recording, you seem to be mostly concentrating on the timing of your voice with the beat, instead of the pitch and putting feeling behind the words.

Also, sing from your gut. Your stomach muscles should be flexed while you sing. Right now, you are singing through your nose, which makes it sound whiny.

Keep it up, chubbs.

That's exactly what i thought. Use Audcaity, or whatever you use, and record the guitar part first, then do vocals. You will be able to put more into your voice. But not bad though. Its a little choppy, too many stops, just smooth it out.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
i personally think u have an awesome voice
Do you, you, feel like I do?
^^ i agree with everyone else. lay down the guitar track and then add the vocals. i made the mistake of starting with the two together resulting in me being out of time most of the time. of course if you were performing you would need to combine them, your voice isn't that bad, just practice more. but for recording purposes that's not the best thing to do. no one's gonna know you "cheated" and you can concentrate on one thing at a time.

crit mine?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506323
Quote by chubbs_CFH
chords are really easy, 022000, 332000, 355000, 554000 for the verses and 022000, 332000 for the chorus, and at the very end i just messed around a little bit. sorry dont know names of the chords. LOL

oh yeah tuned down 1/2 step (eb,ab,db,gb,bb,eb) and capo 4th fret.

I Liked it alot. Voice is not bad, I love the melody. The chords are simple, but they work. Lyrics are pretty good too. Just one thing though, I was reading the other posts... and the one that I have quoted up there says that you have it tuned down a half step and then a capo on the 4th, why don't you just put a capo on the 3rd? lol, no biggie though... the only thing i have to say is they it ends abruptly, you should draw it out more or do something... idk, just mix it up

p.s. thanks for the crit
Thanks for the feedback on my song, I was a little worried with the vocal tracks because they were first takes, your feed back is very much appreciated. The song is very tranquil. With some work I think you could make your vocals work with the kind of music you play. If you enjoy singing, then you can definitely make it work.
Keep it up man,
Sack