Could anyone teach me how to make good drum tabs on GP? I got an ok one down, but it only plays like 8 notes then stops, and when I went to export it, it sounded real bad...
THanks!

Email or add me on msn if you must, gate.to.hell@Hotmail.com
its a lot easier to program drums in fruity loops or Sonar and then export the MIDI to to GP than to tab in GP IMO but if you dont even know where to start with that then i dunno, im not good at explaining ovr the net how to do crap like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by doomnight
Could anyone teach me how to make good drum tabs on GP? I got an ok one down, but it only plays like 8 notes then stops, and when I went to export it, it sounded real bad...
THanks!

Email or add me on msn if you must, gate.to.hell@Hotmail.com

its just your timing mate. if however you are doing something moderately fast with 8th notes on the hi hat and half note on the snare drum for example..the best thing is to notate the hi hat first-typing 42 or whatever into the tab under 8th notes, then you have broken up the beats enough to apply any syncopation/shorter notes. If you count 8th notes as 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and this should help you, and for 16th notes 1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4 and a etc

eg

1---&--2---&--3--&---4--&
hh hh hh hh hh hh hh hh

--------sn------------- sn

bd-------------bd
Last edited by Klk1 at Jan 17, 2007,