Can someone please tell m how to duck walk properly(like Chuck Berry or Angus Young)?

And how the hell can I do the windmill?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Isnt the windmill holding beer in your stretcht arm and trying to throw it in your mouth without unstretching??

Sorry but thats what we got thought in fresman year :P It was alot of fun
no the windmill is striking your guitar in a windmill motion with your arm stretched out.

put your guitar really low and practice. Be warned though, if you lower your guitar too much, you will have bad left hand posture, risking a bone disease (i forgot the name though). This is why i dont do the windmill. well good luck.
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Originally Posted by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?
do a half windmill thing.. like Vai did on a G3 once.. i forgot which one.. its either 96, 2003, or 2005... i think it was the Japan tour, on the video copy.. mega fast.. but then again, its Vai, so maybe you might not want to try it.
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Not sure, I had a lead for my rabbit (till it went almost blind from cataracts and I could just let it run around outside on it's own, since it didn't run anywhere) once, so I imagine you can get something similar, but they're not really the kinda thing to need a lead anyway.

EDIT: uhhhh...oops ¬_¬
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Not sure, I had a lead for my rabbit (till it went almost blind from cataracts and I could just let it run around outside on it's own, since it didn't run anywhere) once, so I imagine you can get something similar, but they're not really the kinda thing to need a lead anyway.

Anywho, some advice

Don't do windmills with a Trem
Quote by FrenchyFungus

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by blink-182.5
no the windmill is striking your guitar in a windmill motion with your arm stretched out.

put your guitar really low and practice. Be warned though, if you lower your guitar too much, you will have bad left hand posture, risking a bone disease (i forgot the name though). This is why i dont do the windmill. well good luck.

I usually play my guitar as high as Tom Morello or Angus Young,is it still possible?

I tried to do the duck walk how ever he and Chuck did it,but I still dont get the trick.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by xtopher_aaron
do a half windmill thing.. like Vai did on a G3 once.. i forgot which one.. its either 96, 2003, or 2005... i think it was the Japan tour, on the video copy.. mega fast.. but then again, its Vai, so maybe you might not want to try it.

What he was doing was holding his trem bar and rotating it while pressing it down, so the pitch raised and lowered. This is kinda bad if you have your trem set too high.
Its good to see that people like to practice the essentials.
Terms and Conditions apply.