so ive been asked to do a skool performance...and the schools have to be themed to peace, does anyone have an idea of what songs i can do, oh yeah, they can't be metal songs either

thanks in advance
Last edited by andyscoot at Jan 17, 2007,
Well, just say your doing to do a non-metal song, then play Peace Sells by Megadeth

"Peace sells, but who's buying?"
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
do a tenacious d song like, wonder boy or tribute. or you could do a song by micheal bolton. those are you're only options.
Well..."Give Peace A Chance" if you're looking for the obvious peace theme..
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
Well..."Give Peace A Chance" if you're looking for the obvious peace theme..

Haha I was gonna say that one!

You could do a System of a down song? They're fairly political.
lol thats like suuuuuuuuuper PEACE john lennon lol. n/e wayz.....a peace song......well that eliminates system of a down byob.......i got a song....its mostly peace.....at least listen to it, maybe watch the video to it. called.... this is war by Smile Empty Soul......like i said it's mostly peace. its telling that yea i dont like war but if its worth dying for, i'll die in peace.
but it depends on the type of song u really want......the most peacefull song that there is known to man......Breaking benjamin...song is- rain. its the biggest metaphor, thats real hard to really understand. wants u figure the song out....u'll have a bada$$ peace song.
play some hendrix man, or back in black, or maybe stairway to heaven.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
thjanks for the suggestions but if we are t win it needs to show off skill...so basically speed coz non guitarists think speed makes a good player...so i guess a song with a good solo in it...but it cant be too heavy as the judges are really old so i dont think metal will go down well
and i dont see how hendrix/back in black/stairway to heaven has the theme of peace
Quote by andyscoot
thjanks for the suggestions but if we are t win it needs to show off skill...so basically speed coz non guitarists think speed makes a good player...so i guess a song with a good solo in it...but it cant be too heavy as the judges are really old so i dont think metal will go down well

I always thought non guitarists were more impressed by popular songs with lots of power chords.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
I always thought non guitarists were more impressed by popular songs with lots of power chords.

ya but they see a guitarist playing fast and they think...'he is good' plus there are also a lot of guitarists, im one of the best in school but i guess powerchords wont cut it for them
Quote by Grundy0
Imagine by John Lennon

Beat me to it! Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds or Believe by The John Butler Trio
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
"War, HUH! yeah... what is it good for"

There you go, your peace tune all sorted...
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
Don't follow - Alice in chains

The Lunatic, how is that song called? I know it but don't know the name