Poll: What would you do in my position:
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do in my position:
wait till I can afford a PRSSECustom22 (3 months) and then get amp in US
6 32%
upgrade pickups on my current RG321MH and get a tube amp now
5 26%
stick with what i have now and wait till Iget to the US to get my gear for cheaper
6 32%
Other (please say what)
2 11%
Voters: 19.
Thought that title would grab attention.
Anyways, nothing urgent but here are a couple things I was considering to do with money I will eventually have.
Before you choose which poll, consider this:
-I'm moving to the US (Uni) in just under 3 years (in the UK now)
-I get 50£ a month (for school lunch, clothes etc which I can actually not spend and so save up)
-I now currently have 300£ in my bank account.
-PRS SE Custom is what I've had in mind for a while but not sure. Something in that price range is what Im aiming for as a second guitar
-And Ive been playing since...November but got my RG321 at Xmas (note: making rapid progress, starting to improvise slow solos etc)
So here we go:

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Last edited by philjay at Jan 17, 2007,
wait til you are in america as most things are cheaper

but if it is a marshall tube amp you might be betetr getting it in the UK as they seem cheaper here(arent marshalls made in the UK)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Yeah I figured I should wait but 3 years? I mean Im patient not that much..
Thanks for your oppinion though!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
If you were really enterprising you would buy as much euro gear as possible while you're there, Marshall, Orange, Engl, and bring it over here to sell for a profit. Then buy a bunch of Mesa gear to take back to the UK and sell for a profit.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Oooh
Never thought of that!
Ill look into it.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
If you want better tone, buy a new amp, as 90% of your tone comes from the amp. If your guitar doesn't play well, upgrade it. 3 years is a long time to wait.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
The tone is not something Im worrying about just yet, getting familiar with the instrument is what Im looking for first and although I like how it is possible to play really fast on teh fast Wizard II neck, I find I prefer the feel of a fatter neck, one og a strat for example or a gibso. That was the problem of bying on a budget I guess, not having the right amount of choice.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot