will some one tell me how scales help solo...cuz i cant solo worth a shit...id take the time to learn scales if some one could explain how the help
Scales are some of the most important tools you can have. Most solos are made up entirely of scales. When you learn your scales it's easier to learn other peoples solos because you have a pretty good idea of where that next note is going to be. You also have tools to make up your own stuff and know it will work instead of just guessing. Start with your pentatonic scales, they are the most common for guitar solos.
Scales basically provide the framework for your solos. They keep you from just hitting random notes. Keep you in one key... This might help explain it better than I can, but it also might be too in-depth... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentatonic_scale
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
scales is the most essential part in making music, i agree that it basically provide the framework for your solos. They keep you from just hitting random notes. even chords are made up of notes in a scale..
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS
learn your scales but also learn your modes : ionian, dorian, phrygian, lydian, mixolydian, aeolian and locrian. and also the other (i call them the modes of the modes) versions of them. for example. there is locrian and, if you change it a little, you can get super locrian (also called a diminished whole tone scale)
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"