should i get a fender telecaster a fender stratocast (both standard models) or the gibson les pual melody maker? im lookin for a crunch kinda sound i guess like punk/ hard rock
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
i have a standard strat and i get a pretty good rock sound out of it, its very diverse and you can get almost any sound out of it...i've played a tele before and it just seemed so much more twangy to me than anything else...never played a les paul so i don't know what to say about it
The Les Paul is my suggestion - although you'll be extremely limited in versatility due to it's single pickup.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
im a gibbo person, but i say get the fender, the melody makers are one of the lowest end gibsons

there is also an Epi LP standard in that price range or even the custom
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
While I really don't like Fender,, The Melody Maker really is not the best for doing hard rock,,,,If you're going more for the punk side It might be better suited however,,,,
also while i don't like fender its all a matter of taste,,,,
I'd say Fender Fat Strat, the Gibson Melody Maker would be good but is highly limited due to it's one pickup. Try them out in stores to see which you like better.
Try them all out and see for yourself, they're all different guitars.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30