I just bought an ibanez ac509 to replace my crappy skytronic peice of shit, and it came european. I eventually found an old shaver adapter so I could use it. I then bought a daisy chain to power multiply pedals. My nano clone chorus came, and I thought "Oh yays! It's 9v, it will work with my daisy chain hurrahz!". Yeah, the polarities are different. I think it's going to have to be an ehx adapter, trouble is, I can't ****ing find any in the uk that will power my clone (I definately want the ehx one).

Any help?
Nope. It's the regular jack (boss etc), it's just it has different polarity from the rest of my pedals. Is there an adapter you can get to switch polarities (I know it sounds really dumb but hey, this is the internet)?
Quote by duggyrocks
Nope. It's the regular jack (boss etc), it's just it has different polarity from the rest of my pedals. Is there an adapter you can get to switch polarities (I know it sounds really dumb but hey, this is the internet)?

Yes.

A universal adapter. One with several different plugs, and switches for polarity and voltage.
do you mean like a little plug to go on the end of your plug on the daisychain? if so, i think daisychains have those, check musiciansfriend.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Well, I meant a little adapter to put onto the end of my daisy chain rather than buy a whole new power supply mr hankey, but it looks like I'll have to buy a new power supply anyway

EDIT: Hey, I found this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godlyke-PowerAll-System-Reverse-Polarity-Jumper-Cable?sku=331507

But can anyone find me one in the uk?
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by duggyrocks
Well, I meant a little adapter to put onto the end of my daisy chain rather than buy a whole new power supply mr hankey, but it looks like I'll have to buy a new power supply anyway

One of those universal power supplies will only cost you a tenner.
^I've got the answer!

9v battery adaptors, I've got one that fits on the end of my daisy chain and links to my Big Muff's 9v battery deely.

However, I don't remember the site where I got mine...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Hey RHCP thats a good idea (I remember you told me about that back when I wasgoing to get a russian muff), so there's no polarity with battery adapters?

Andin case anybody didn't see my edit,I found this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...able?sku=331507

But can't find one in the UK

EDIT:
Quote by mr_hankey
One of those universal power supplies will only cost you a tenner.

I have one of them, and it sucks. Its also bad luck that I've lost the box with all the little adapter things.
Quote by duggyrocks
Hey RHCP thats a good idea (I remember you told me about that back when I wasgoing to get a russian muff), so there's no polarity with battery adapters?

Andin case anybody didn't see my edit,I found this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...able?sku=331507

But can't find one in the UK

EDIT:

I have one of them, and it sucks. Its also bad luck that I've lost the box with all the little adapter things.

Oh. I've got one with the plugs all attached to the wire. It isn't exactly great, but it works fine. I've had to tape off the plugs I wasn't using because they touched the pedal sometimes and made sparks fly.
I definately can't find a polarity jumper in the UK, but the battery adapter is a great idea, I'll keep looking for that page. I remember it wasn't a big company...

EDIT: Sweet! http://www.circuit-innovations.co.uk/pedalspsu.html

If google were a chick I'd do her.

EDIT X2 Even better! Theres a polarity jumper on this site too! Kickass!
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jan 17, 2007,
I may be way off or missed something important now, but can't you change the polarity by just resoldering and changing the tip and barrels wire with each other?
Quote by duggyrocks

Wait ... so, I might sound dumb, but if you're saying that plugging in my pedals into a Boss power adapter will damage my pedals?
Sent from my iPad.
Hi Guys,

James from Diago here; I picked up on the thread from the referals to our website.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the Nano Clone; it is not reverse polarity - it's a regular 9V DC Centre Negative just like all Boss pedals, one of our Red Adaptors or a Battery Connector won't solve the problem.

The Nano Clone has been designed to be positive ground (instead of normal negative ground), so must be powered using its own dedicated power supply or a battery. Electro Harmonix have admitted that this is the case and plan to revise the design to a negative ground in a later model. Until then there's no way to power normal negative ground pedals alongside positive ground pedals on the same power supply.

Google "nano clone positive ground" for more info.

Note that the Small Clone doesn't have this problem and works fine of multi power supplies (with a Blue Adaptor).........

I hope that helps,

James.
www.diago.co.uk
I think one day I'll buy one of them real supplies, like them Voodoo labs ones, any info on stuff like that anyone?
Don't be afraid to care"

It's that much? Right...I guess I'll think again.
Don't be afraid to care"