Hi,

when i leave my electro acoustic plugged into my amp, with none of the strings vibrating, after a while it starts making a kindof feedback noise which gets louder n louder untill it sounds like it might explode and then i touch the strings and the bottom e mainly is vibrating like crazy. when i stop them vibrating the noise stops.
the guitars pretty new so i doubt its a fault on that, the amps failry battered.
but whats going on?

any help would be great.
that's prefectly normal. it doesn't take much of anything to get one of your strings vibrating (natural air movement will do it). when you aren't playing for long periods of time you need to either hold your hand across the strings or turn the volume all the way down on your guitar.
Quote by jimtaka
that's prefectly normal. it doesn't take much of anything to get one of your strings vibrating (natural air movement will do it). when you aren't playing for long periods of time you need to either hold your hand across the strings or turn the volume all the way down on your guitar.

^ Yup.

Why are you leaving your guitar plugged in with the amp on for "a while," anyway?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
You will run the batteries down a lot quicker if you leave it plugged in while not playing.
My advice is:

Unplug your guitar when your not playing
Quote by zakattak_
Hi,

. . . . . it starts making a kind of feedback noise which gets louder n louder until it sounds like it might explode . . . . . . any help would be great.

Dude, I reckon you have your volume settings set WAY too high. I would ease your amp down a bit, you might clip your speakers if you don't be careful.

You only need to clip the speakers once to wreck them.

~ DJ
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 17, 2007,
Why are you leaving your guitar plugged in with the amp on for "a while," anyway?

i aint, it takes maybe a minute or so

anyway cheers yeh i probly had it too loud or something
You will run the batteries down a lot quicker if you leave it plugged in while not playing

batteries? u joking?
^-- no he's serious. he's talking about the pre-amp on your guitar... not your amplifier.
Same thing happens on electric guitars if you have active pickups, can't leave them plugged in otherwise the batts run down
... do you have an acoustic amp? that couyld be a huge diff.
electric guitar amps produce way more feed back than an acoustic amp
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Always listen to jimtaka. Like he said, it's normal. Strings will vibrate.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy