Hi, i need a new amp soon so i need to know what I'm saving for I play mainly stuff like metallica all the way to R.H.C.P and I have seen an amp which looks good. The peavy windsor halfstack, is this a good amp?

I also like to play GNR too
Do you need a halfstack? Do you play large shows with like 400 people in a big room? If so then go for it, but I don't know much about this specific peavey.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

I dont play gigs I would just like a lot of power e.g 100w, something thats better than my line 6 spider 2 30 thats £400 - £500
The Vox's are awfully popular, well seem to be around here. So i played one the other day and have decided to sell my marshall to get one because they are really nice. The Vox AD100VT is around £380 and is a 100 watt combo and has all tubes/valves. They are really nice to use and i have to be honest i've had a half stack for ages and they are a real pain in the arse. Functionality over Aesthetics i say.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
You'll get a better response in guitar gear and accessories forum.
Been away, am back