If I upgraded the pick-ups in my Jackson DXMG to active EMGs would it make it easier for me to get good pinch harmonics?
Not necesarily, remember you make the sounds not your gear.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
It'll help them come out much clearer, but if you dont have the correct technique it wont help at all.
No it won't... I have a Jackson Dinky JS20 and I haven't upgraded anything it I can pinch just fine... Its really all about where you pinch to get a good sound... I mean you can Pinch right where a harmonic is or the next fret over where there isn't one (which usually doesn't sound as cool)... Point is it comes down to experince and technique...
i find that most of the time, i play pinch harmonics correctly, but my gear doesn't make them loud enough as compared to normal sounds. so if you can do them right, the gear needs to change. otherwise, keep practicing.
Quote by soadquake981
i find that most of the time, i play pinch harmonics correctly, but my gear doesn't make them loud enough as compared to normal sounds. so if you can do them right, the gear needs to change. otherwise, keep practicing.

Nope...I can do perfect pinch harmonics on a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and a 15 watt fender frontman (my old kit ..now my Bro's). Its got nothin to do with ur pickups or output..I can play them clean with no distortion i can play em without the guitar even plugged in...Its about technique..Just practice...maybe get someone to show how to do em correctly...Remember kids..Its u not ur gear...