I just bought a digital camera so I decided to record a video of some finger tapping. My guitars tuned 2 steps down to C and the tempo is 90 bpm. I think the sound when a tiny bit out of sync but it doesnt matter, its still an alright vid. Tell me what ya think and Ill happily crit4crit

FINGER TAPPING VIDEO
nice technique, a lot of delay though and an almost synth like sound wich is really not for me.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
For this recording I used my Yamaha RGX-420 drop 6 guitar (tuned to C) and a Korg Toneworks PX-4D multi effect processor. I wasnt using my amp, I just had it plugged into my computer, the sound was coming from the built in speakers in my monitor haha. I used a Pentax Optio M10 digital camera to record it so the quality isnt great but it gets the job done.
Last edited by Rapid_Fire at Jan 17, 2007,
That was really cool dude, bit messy towards the end or maybe just the delay.. cool stuff tho
Quote by synth002
That was really cool dude, bit messy towards the end or maybe just the delay.. cool stuff tho

ya i probably could have tried again and made a better video but i was excited to post it haha. thanks for all the crits dudes
seemed to me it was sped up.. good job anyway
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
Quote by ixion
seemed to me it was sped up.. good job anyway

thanks for your doubt, im glad someone thinks it was sped up cus that must mean im getting faster
that wil make an awesome solo good job keep it up
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Quote by TeXaS_db
that wil make an awesome solo good job keep it up

thanks, im still trying to incorporate it into another song, its hard though. i dont have any trouble making up lots of riffs but im bad at putting them all together haha
Maybe this is just me, but it looks like you sped up the video, I could be wrong though...Either way it's very catchy, I remember when I first learned to tap like a year after I could play, I was so ****ing happy and I incorporated it into just about anything I could, even if it sound crummy; Your tapping sounds very randy rhoads-ish, great technique man...

Crit 4 Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509168
im kinda the same way i got like a ton of riffs i made up and for some reason i can figure out how to put them all together

could u crit my songs i need all the feedback i cn get
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Quote by fingersofflame
Maybe this is just me, but it looks like you sped up the video, I could be wrong though

I didnt speed up the video at all, I just wanted real feedback for my music. I have been playing for 4 or 5 years which is plenty of time to get that fast haha
dude it wasn't the music speed that made me think that, it was the fact that your body movements looked completely unnatural...Hehe, don't worry, I believe you didn't speed it up;
ya i noticed the video looked a little out of sync, i just used my digital camera (pentax optio m10) to record it, im suprised the sound was ok on it. i did a little math and the whole song averages around 14 notes per second, fast but it could be much faster haha
Last edited by Rapid_Fire at Jan 21, 2007,